Random 37's fitment / flex shots / .... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone running 37s with the dobinsons 3 inch tapered lift? I searched but couldn't find much.

I don't want to get the sawzall out or add 2 feet of bumpstops..

Thanks for your replies

Check out GWnuggets build thread. He details what is needed to fit 37's on a 3" spring lift (im sure he has a 1" body lift as well)
37's are a big tyre, you have to cut or space things to get them to fit.

i had them in 4in with a 1in body lift and they would still rub on my labs rear.

i had them in 4in with a 1in body lift and they would still rub on my labs rear.

Ok that's good to know. Scratch the 37 idea and scratch the 4.88 idea which was going to give me 5.29 because of transfer case gears.
I think that's about 3 grand savings

If youre not rubbing somewhere you can fit bigger tires :)

Ran 37s for years on 4” front and 863j springs and rubbed the rear inner wheel well/top of frame rail. Backspacing is key

If youre not rubbing somewhere you can fit bigger tires :)

Ran 37s for years on 4” front and 863j springs and rubbed the rear inner wheel well/top of frame rail. Backspacing is key

yeah, y issue was h1 tires and wheels. very limited on backspacing options.

I rub big time with the 3" tapered dobinsons and only 35s in the front WITH 1.5 of bumpstop spacing. I can't imagine how much bumpstop i would need with 37s.

Is anyone running 37s with the dobinsons 3 inch tapered lift? I searched but couldn't find much.

I don't want to get the sawzall out or add 2 feet of bumpstops..

Thanks for your replies
I run 3.5” tapered coils but in the front only and I had to put a 1” spacer on top of the spring to match the lift height of the rear Slee 4” hd coils.
Your bump stop requirements will be dictated by shock length mostly but the wheel and tire combo will also have some affect especially if you run a wider wheel and/or less back spacing where the tire will set farther outboard.

As a rule, with a 3” lift /37’s and no fender cutting, you will need somewhere near a 3”-3.5” bump stop drop.

I run a 1” wheel spacer with stock wheels and 37” super swamped trxus. These tires have a narrower tread than most tires with a 12.5” section width so they tuck up and in the fender well nicely with a 2.5” bump stop drop and the wheel spacers keeping the tire off the frame. With the above recipe, my tires rub nowhere ever but are very close. I spent several hours working it out.

Now consider the fact that everyone who installs the springs you asked about reports more like 4” lift and I think you’d be happy with the results unless you need more than 4” of up travel. I’m actually considering ditching the 1” spring spacer and installing the 3” tapered coil under my rearend in order to drop down an inch.

If you do this, let us know how it goes.

I rub big time with the 3" tapered dobinsons and only 35s in the front WITH 1.5 of bumpstop spacing. I can't imagine how much bumpstop i would need with 37s.

Do you have adjustable panhards?
When my axle is straighten, lifted with j’s In the rear with 30mm spacers so I’m at about 5 inches.

What are your rims backspacing?
3.25-4 inches is best.

Did you fold in your rear fenders?

I still get a little rub in the rear on the inner rear. I don’t run bumpstops because my dosetech’s come bumpstops on the shocks.

Do you have adjustable panhards?
When my axle is straighten, lifted with j’s In the rear with 30mm spacers so I’m at about 5 inches.

What are your rims backspacing?
3.25-4 inches is best.

Did you fold in your rear fenders?

I still get a little rub in the rear on the inner rear. I don’t run bumpstops because my dosetech’s come bumpstops on the shocks.

I was only referring to rubbing on the front axle of the truck. I rub the top/inside/front of the front wheelwell with a 1.5" BS drop.
35x12.50r17 MTR/K on 17x9 w/3.5" BS

I was only referring to rubbing on the front axle of the truck. I rub the top/inside/front of the front wheelwell with a 1.5" BS drop.
35x12.50r17 MTR/K on 17x9 w/3.5" BS

As I recall though....

Aren’t you linked in the front?

As I recall though....

Aren’t you linked in the front?

Yes sir i am, I was thinking that my rubbing experience with the aforementioned springs and stock but lowered bumpstop location was still relevent. :meh:

Yes sir i am, I was thinking that my rubbing experience with the aforementioned springs and stock but lowered bumpstop location was still relevent. :meh:

The stock radius arms are natural bumpstops, aka limiters.

Rubbing tyres is not a bad thing, ripping lugs off the tread is.
To me rubbing is good.
I have seen many uncut 80s running 37s with 2.5" bump stops on all corners... this is with centered back spacing on the wheels (4" BS on 8", 4.5" BS on 9" or 3.75" BS on 7.5" wheels)
Once you venture out past the stock 63" wide track width cutting will be necessary.
If you go 37s... you will never go back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom