What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (77 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well more bad news for Brienne. Had the head resurfaced and new headgasket done 9k ago. Not going to do that again, debating on a headgasket sealer and 3k oil changes to see if i can stop the wear. Any better ideas?
Screenshot_20180719-180712_Drive.jpg

Well more bad news for Brienne. Had the head resurfaced and new headgasket done 9k ago. Not going to do that again, debating on a headgasket sealer and 3k oil changes to see if i can stop the wear. Any better ideas?View attachment 1748180
I used the Bars Leak with carbon on my Tacoma about 20,000 miles ago because it was showing and losing coolant in the Blackstone report. I had to completely flush the system several times, add a new thermostat and heater valve and eventually a new radiator(it was shot, it wasn't the goop's fault). It plugged it up though. The leak has been gone for two years and everything is running at least as well as it was before the sucker started using coolant.

I would dump in the product, plan on replacing the thermostat and flushing the system extensively after the first 500 miles and see where you end up. If the truck is worth it, buy a used motor and rebuild it in the meantime and if the one that is in there now poops the bed, well, just get the new one ready and toss it in. What is the rest of the truck like?

I used the Bars Leak with carbon on my Tacoma about 20,000 miles ago because it was showing and losing coolant in the Blackstone report. I had to completely flush the system several times, add a new thermostat and heater valve and eventually a new radiator(it was shot, it wasn't the goop's fault). It plugged it up though. The leak has been gone for two years and everything is running at least as well as it was before the sucker started using coolant.

I would dump in the product, plan on replacing the thermostat and flushing the system extensively after the first 500 miles and see where you end up. If the truck is worth it, buy a used motor and rebuild it in the meantime and if the one that is in there now poops the bed, well, just get the new one ready and toss it in. What is the rest of the truck like?
Truck is in good shape, and locked ;). Will be a forever truck and get an engine transplant eventually but im hoping I can get a couple more years out of this engine.

Truck is in good shape, and locked ;). Will be a forever truck and get an engine transplant eventually but im hoping I can get a couple more years out of this engine.
Dump it in. Follow the directions and plan on having issues with your heating system because it gums up the thermostat and the heater valve. I have a plan to rebuild the 2RZ-FE in my Taco, but I am not going to start gathering parts until it starts burning coolant again. I'll just pull the head, have the valves done, new valve seals, pressure testing, planed until flat, lash adjustment and a paint job for less than $600. It'll be good to go for as long as I live anyway.

I just ordered rear rotors and pads for our 100 and Napa(in stock) was more than OEM:eek: so Im waiting:rolleyes:

Sonuvabitch!! I didn’t even shop around. Just did a quick search and saw people happy with them. NAPA has them in stock. I will call my local dealer in the morning and see if they can have them by Saturday. I actually have the weekend off and the weather looks good so I’m knocking this out this weekend.

If they are painted black, you got the good ones. I went for all four corners a few years ago and I can do quite a bit of stunt braking if need be. They are nice parts.

I’ve heard good things. Haven’t picked them up yet. He quoted me two options. The cheap standard stuff and the “professional” version.

The more expensive ones. It’s $300 for the rotors and calipers.

With or with out core fees? With core fees the 4 eclipse calipers from Napa were close to 600, got 300 back from core fees though. If I Rememeber right Napa rotors were at least 100 per axle.....do you get crazy discount at Napa?

With or with out core fees? With core fees the 4 eclipse calipers from Napa were close to 600, got 300 back from core fees though. If I Rememeber right Napa rotors were at least 100 per axle.....do you get crazy discount at Napa?

I know a guy...;)

The rotors (with brake pads) were $165 for the Eclipse vs $130 for the cheapo. The calipers are $70 each for the Eclipse.

Based on the quick math I don’t think we are much different. Add the California cost of living difference and I think it’s probably about right.

I know a guy...;)

The rotors (with brake pads) were $165 for the Eclipse vs $130 for the cheapo. The calipers are $70 each for the Eclipse.

Based on the quick math I don’t think we are much different. Add the California cost of living difference and I think it’s probably about right.

I did my brakes a few months back and had started gathering the different parts. It was part of the axle rebuild so not straightforward. I went on the napa site to see the price of the eclipse calipers - $54 per corner - happy days. A few weeks later I went to make the purchase and the price had gone up to around $115 per corner. I was cursing myself for having bought them earlier. Anyway the next day I went to order online but used a different computer and the price was back at $54. I did a quick check with 2 PC's side by side and get 2 different prices. Clearly a site that uses cookies to alter their prices. Worth checking on a different PC to see if you get a better price.

Bought a poor mans switch pro for my beacons/warning light in my 18 wheeler. Hope to try it out and see how it does with the constant vibes in the 18 wheeler. If I like it I might just get another for the 80. Was like $250ish USD, the switches can be momentary or push on/push off. Comes with a legend sheet, but it is mainly emergency vehicle related. I know we have a few LEO's here so they might be familiar with the brand.
20180720_145148.jpg

Bought a poor mans switch pro for my beacons/warning light in my 18 wheeler. Hope to try it out and see how it does with the constant vibes in the 18 wheeler. If I like it I might just get another for the 80. Was like $250ish USD, the switches can be momentary or push on/push off. Comes with a legend sheet, but it is mainly emergency vehicle related. I know we have a few LEO's here so they might be familiar with the brand.
View attachment 1748719

What all will it be switching

View attachment 1748719

What all will it be switching

Ummmmm.....Beacons and warning lights.........

Beacons on headache rack, grille lights, left and right utility/loading/a****** with highbeams on lights, and maybe some interior stuff. Might wire one in for pattern change on the beacons too.
Cool Is there an optional remote to go with it?

Cool Is there an optional remote to go with it?
No, this setup is barebones. The little remote button unit is all you get. There are a couple higher end options, with like 30 outputs and ridiculous amounts of customization and wireless controls. But those start getting up there in cost! Like 500 to 1500... I got it here locally in Canada since I was goofing around in the rental car [Jeep JK *gasp*] but I think www.Sirennet.com has them for like 220. Look in the switch boxes category.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom