Condenser for '83 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I'm in need of a new A/C condenser for a 1983 FJ40. Can anyone recommend one that is roughly the right size to fit in front of my stock radiator (maybe with some brackets welded on in the right place)? I'm not having much luck searching online.

Thanks for any help you can offer. A link or part number would be most appreciated.

D

They are still available OEM
Search for part #88460-60040

26c67038d67d5373b3843469b60def2d.png

did you search that part #

Sorry, didn't see the part number or picture at first (internet slow loading). Thanks for the info. The only one I can find online is at CruiserParts.net for $700! Everyone else shows it as discontinued.

I think I paid $500 for mine...still high, but its the OEM version. Keep searching and try ebay...there were several sources that had these in stock.

Does your condenser just have a hole or something? They are easy to braze up with the right flux and low temp aluminum rods. If yours is totally shot, the condenser coil is one of the few items on a 40 that I would not worry about keeping it oem. Aftermarket condensers are available online for about a third the price of the oem and are of good quality. I seriously doubt any potential buyer would hesitate to buy your truck because of the aftermarket condenser coil, if they even realized it wasn't a Toyota part. Main thing is to get one that will fit the original opening, and that have the right connecting fittings. They come with adjustable brackets.
Ebay has a bunch listed under "Universal AC Condenser" that state the dimensions.

last time we were at summit racing theyhad a bunch of them on display have bought several radiators from them becuse of the many sizes they have dont know about the condensors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom