Rear window motor differences (LC vs. LX in '99?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, no signs of life from left rear window motor in '99 LC since I bought it. Others work fine, don't think there's a fuse for each window.

toyotapartsdeal.com lists left rear window motor as part #85710-60110, for $305 (no thanks) with other sources having similar prices. RockAuto doesn't even list left rear window motor on '99LC, but has all others.

Ebay has this guy for $80 (reasonable): Window Motor For Lexus LX470 98-07 Toyota Land Cruiser Rear Left With Anti-Clip | eBay , says part number is 85710-60120. Title says 98 to 07 LX/LC, but description claims it'll fit 98 to 07 LX470, but only 01 to 07 LC.

Is there really a difference in window motors between LC and LX from 98 to 00, or could I just use this ebay one? I'll not bother with it, or see if I can rebuild motor myself or search for used before I spend $300+ on one.

After searching for pics, found what shows to be a 5 pin connector on the 85710-60120 rear window motor (early LX470), and a 2 pin connector on the 85710-60110 (early LC). So yeah, they must be different, and I can't get the 80 buck option. Anyone know the functionality added to the rear windows on the early LX470 and the later LCs, which the early LCs didn't have? Not sure why it'd require ~3 more wires.
Don't want to drop $300 on one right now, will keep eye out for used or see if I can take mine apart and lube it up.

Auto-down feature, maybe?

Maybe you could get the $80 one and just wire the pinouts with alligator clamps to test it (but check the return policy).

Do LC window's all have AUTO? My 02 LX has all auto windows.

My 99 LC has auto down only for the driver’s window, and none of the others. I’ve never been in another 100 so I have no comparison, but yeah if an 02 LX has auto down for all 4 windows, I bet that’s the difference. Musta been one of the fancy upgrades the LX got a few years before the LC. Do the rear windows go ALL the way down in the later 100s? Mine does, which is much better than most normal cars where the rear windows only go down half way for safet or something,
Yeah, I was thinking I could just get the cheap one and cut off the terminals and solder wires together, with some guessing and testing. Risky return policy through an eBay seller though, in case it won’t bolt up at all. They say return within 30 days no prob, but it’s just an eBay massive seller and their response to my question seems just generic and not sincere.
I think I’ll take a chance on disassembling my own first. I have a dead Subaru window motor and a dead LC antenna motor on my bench, and they both seem like similar simple mechanisms that can be revived with some lithium grease.

I normally wouldn’t care much about back windows, but my toddler rides in the back and I’d like him to get some fresh air and see the outdoors. Right now he’s in the middle, but when #2 comes soon he’ll probably get shifted to driver’s side rear.

The rears go all the way down, yes, so that part is the same. Good luck!!

Fixed! Zero dollars spent!

Went ahead and took door panel off for exploration. Hmmm, door interior light is unplugged. That’s odd. Ok, no need to unplug window switch, it’s unplugged too! Plug it in and test, no go still. Then hmm, what’s this unplugged wire here? Yep, window motor unplugged. Plugged all back in, and works fine! A little slow, but I had some dry lubricant someone gave me a while back.
My only guess is someone had to take the door panel off in a hurry, and didnt bother to plug wires back in.

Gotta love investigating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom