FJ62 LED headlights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

my concern is the 400 Lumens , and the fact that they appear to be Street Legal

This translates into u may not get what your looking for performance wise

400 lumens is very low for headlights. I have two Baja designs squadron LEDs on my 450cc woods bike for high and low beams and they are 4900 lumens each which works well in the woods and on the road up to 50 or 60 mph. Faster speeds I’d be looking for even more light.

If you are still running the stock sealed beam units then a low cost and easy upgrade is to install the european H4 housings and then the bulbs of your choice. The H4 housings have much better lens patterns and even with the low wattage bulbs will feel like a more powerful light than the stock units. With the H4 housings installed it opens the door for things like LED bulbs and HID bulbs. a set of HID bulbs in the low beam housing would work very well.

I would contact @Racer65 / Cityracerllc.com to see if he can't possibly help u out in some way

@nomadsurfer what did you end up going with? I'd like to get an LED into my 62 - but don't want to break the bank. Ideally I'd go for JW Speakers, but these are money.

Thanks

https://www.jwspeaker.com/products/heated-4x6-led-headlights-model-8800-evolution-2/

These are the ultimate way to go from what I've heard from several people. The only potential issue I see is that the low beam H4 assemblies are strictly low beam, and not low/high like traditional H4s. I like the idea that they're heated too to prevent snow and ice buildup during the winter months. Something I suspect the lack thereof will be a problem with the LED bulbs I ordered to try with my Hella H4 housings (which I haven't installed yet. Waiting to get my garage cleared out from my family moving in with me so I can do the swap indoors).

LED bulbs retrofitted into a halogen housing are just bad. The housing reflector was not designed for the light pattern that a LED throws off, which is vastly different from the halogen bulb it was designed for. I know people love LED lights, but a good H4 is hard to beat.

That being said, there are some nice projector setups. Just can't see spending that kind of money myself. H4 with bright bulbs is my choice. But everyone is different.

Oh, and 400 lumens is a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom