Gobi ladder install help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sdnative

SILVER Star
Threads
I am installing a Gobi ladder on my 03 LC. No matter how I adjust the top hangar piece I can't get it to not rub the body inside of the hatch. Has anyone else having that issue? That can't be right.

Appreciate any help / pointers.

Thanks in advance.

IMAG2284.jpg

IMAG2285.jpg

IMAG2286.jpg

And if it didn't come with any high density foam to pad between the body and contact points - I'd pick some up ASAP

And if it didn't come with any high density foam to pad between the body and contact points - I'd pick some up ASAP

Mine has the foam on both sides of the upper hanger where it sandwiches the hatch.

Was this every fixed? I am have the same problem?

I had this problem as well, It has been since Jan and I have not attempted to put it back on.

Sent PM.

Brushing the dust off this thread – did anyone ever try any additional adjustments to account for the rub? Mine's also creating a little friction at the corners of the upper mounting plate – not a ton but enough to rub the paint inside the "sill" of the hatch.

... Not picking up the Dremel yet, but also not opposed if it comes to it?

When mocking it up I noticed no rub since I did not lay down the double sided tape. Once the tape was placed it changed the height of the plate and began to rub. Also a little leverage would lift the plate slightly.

Wonder if a thinner tape same bond strength can be found?

Just updating this to warn everyone. I received my ladder after 8 month and it rubs and took off paint. Even worse the 98-100 w/spoiler doesn’t fit and the spoiler prevents the ladder from coming down far enough to make good contact with the lower bracket.

Can’t get ahold of anyone at gobi, pretty disappointing.

Just updating this to warn everyone. I received my ladder after 8 month and it rubs and took off paint. Even worse the 98-100 w/spoiler doesn’t fit and the spoiler prevents the ladder from coming down far enough to make good contact with the lower bracket.

Can’t get ahold of anyone at gobi, pretty disappointing.
Bummer, is this the only option on the market for those of us still with stock rear bumpers?

Is this the one your ordered? I don't want to lose the real spoiler.

Last edited:
@Patassa, that's what I ordered. Gobi finally got back to me and gave my some BS answer. They wouldn't admit it didn't fit correctly but also said they would be extending the ladder for the LC in the future and would send me a new one. if it fit they clearly wouldn't be updating it, considering the service I've received so far I'm not holding my breath.

Here are some pics of my issues.
1. The ladder doesn’t come low enough to make good contact with the lower bracket. Even if I pull down on the ladder the spoiler won’t let it come any lower and I’m about an 1” away from the lower bracket
IMG_2424.JPG
IMG_2425.JPG

2. If I try to tighten where it comes down to the lower bracket puts a ton of stress the bottom of the door.
IMG_2401.JPG

3. Top bracket makes contact with body under the door. They told me they have come across this a few times and that my car has been in an accident (it hasn't) and that I would need to readjust my back door. Considering that I've never heard of anyone installing this ladder without rubbing they should have called this out in the instructions before having it take off the paint. I'm in CA so I can live with the rubbing since rust isn't an issue but still a bummer.
IMG_2427.JPG
IMG_2426.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom