Marlin Toybox is Coming Back to the 40! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
I emailed Marlin a while back asking if they offered a way to bolt their Hilux setup to a 40 series, not knowing that they used to do this with the Toybox. Here is the response:

Hello,

We are working on bringing that application back to production. We call that a ToyBox. We are building a list of people interested in this item, and are emailing updates, if you email toybox@marlincrawler.comwith your application information we can added to that notification list. The more people who email their interest to that email, the higher the priority it is to get done.

Thank you,

Trevor

On 7/2/2018 4:56 PM, Anthony Farson via Marlin Crawler, Inc. wrote:
New Tech Support Message submitted Monday, July 2, 2018 - 16:56 by Anthony Farson (ajfarson@gmail.com)

Truck Info: 1978 Land Cruiser with a 4.2-liter 2F and 4-speed Manual.

Order number (optional):

Transfer Case-specific Question: Do you offer a way to bolt your Hilux_Dual_Complete setup to a stock FJ40 4-speed? or a Hilux 5-speed & Hilux_Dual_Complete to a 2F? Thanks!

--
nDMOeAQ9Pnoxbh1PajzyXj1Rehrj_U1hNrK8Gn_P8c1UdqJbuH2z3zqye6f7lMWC6aY8XfDQmcSWQ6TVG0qXnlmk=s0-d-e1-ft

Trevor Gillihan
Marlin Crawler, Inc.
1543 N. Maple Ave.
Fresno, CA 93703
888-94-CRAWL or 559-252-7295
MarlinCrawler.com
Twitter.com/Marlin_Crawler
Facebook.com/MarlinCrawler

Nice. I love my 4.7 Toybox. I rarely have to use my t-case low range.

What are the gains of a toybox over a 4:1 Orion? I understand you gain some flexibility in gearing choices, and have the ability to go low low without further modification...is that it?

I emailed Marlin a while back asking if they offered a way to bolt their Hilux setup to a 40 series, not knowing that they used to do this with the Toybox. Here is the response:

Hello,

We are working on bringing that application back to production. We call that a ToyBox. We are building a list of people interested in this item, and are emailing updates, if you email toybox@marlincrawler.comwith your application information we can added to that notification list. The more people who email their interest to that email, the higher the priority it is to get done.

Thank you,

Trevor

On 7/2/2018 4:56 PM, Anthony Farson via Marlin Crawler, Inc. wrote:
New Tech Support Message submitted Monday, July 2, 2018 - 16:56 by Anthony Farson (ajfarson@gmail.com)

Truck Info: 1978 Land Cruiser with a 4.2-liter 2F and 4-speed Manual.

Order number (optional):

Transfer Case-specific Question: Do you offer a way to bolt your Hilux_Dual_Complete setup to a stock FJ40 4-speed? or a Hilux 5-speed & Hilux_Dual_Complete to a 2F? Thanks!

--
nDMOeAQ9Pnoxbh1PajzyXj1Rehrj_U1hNrK8Gn_P8c1UdqJbuH2z3zqye6f7lMWC6aY8XfDQmcSWQ6TVG0qXnlmk=s0-d-e1-ft

Trevor Gillihan
Marlin Crawler, Inc.
1543 N. Maple Ave.
Fresno, CA 93703
888-94-CRAWL or 559-252-7295
MarlinCrawler.com
Twitter.com/Marlin_Crawler
Facebook.com/MarlinCrawler

Interesting, did you get an estimated cost?

Interesting, did you get an estimated cost?

No, but the ones for Tacoma, 4Runner, etc. are listed here. I imagine the prices would be in the ballpark. @FJ40|RUNNER , here is a video that might help explain it. As i understand it, the toybox, or doublers doubles the low range of you existing transfer case. But I am still just learning about these units myself. I am certain there are folks here that have used them and know more than I currently do. This video is on the product page for the FJ40s.

This is a true story. I stopped by the store in Fresno today and asked.

Stacked in front of a re-geared split case, the Toybox would give crazy low gear ratios that you cannot get by just changing the t-case gears. It actually gives to two low range options

Oops, three options.

What are the gains of a toybox over a 4:1 Orion? I understand you gain some flexibility in gearing choices, and have the ability to go low low without further modification...is that it?

I got mine before the Orion existed. The advantage is gear choices. I can use the single 4.7 for most rock crawling, but if that's all I had (ala 4.0 Orion)
fire roads and other terrain would suck. For other terrain I use the LC low range of 2.3 (?).

Sounds great, but what about driveline length?

My rear driveline is about 20" with a double cardan joint at the t-case. No issues at any safe speed.

This looks very expensive.... but nice.

I want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom