ReGear Transfer Case High Range (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone here swapped their high range TC gears for the 10% under drive set? I am researching this and am having trouble finding any details about the level of difficulty and success. I currently need to regear one way or another and swapping ring and pinion is just out of my skillset. I currently have an extra known good TC and I would like to regear it on the bench with no pressure from a time frame and then drop it in. Any pictures of the process or advice would be much appreciated.

Lots of good videos on YouTube. If it's a daily then it's worth it to buy a spare tcase, rebuild it and then swap in and sell your old one for the next guy.

Lots of good videos on YouTube. If it's a daily then it's worth it to buy a spare tcase, rebuild it and then swap in and sell your old one for the next guy.

:hmm:

We’ve sold and installed a number of the high range OD and UD gear sets; the first one was about 3 years ago. The customers have been super happy with the results and we’ve had zero issues.
We have also sold close to 100 of the 3.1:1 low range gear sets as well as having installed dozens of them.
Happy to answer any tech questions and help with Parts; we keep all the gear sets in stock.
Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers
Shop 209-475-8808

Out of curiosity, my 80 is a factory part-time 4wd one with h150f (lower 1 and 2 gear) manual box and hf1a transfer case. I've not looked into legalities (for Australia) of changing transfer case gearing but always interested to know about gearing options since the part-time t-cases are supposed to be very simple internally due to not having any of the full-time 4wd extras.

The low-range performance is very good already because low range 1st gear is still very much a nice slow crawl. The high-range behaviour is hard to gauge as 4th gear is straight 1:1 ration but 5th isn't much more so there isn't a lot of difference. Having said that, 80's are not designed as high-speed highway tanks! ;)

I am about to start this process right now but i am curios if i only need one kit for high range and low range or do i need to purchase to separate kits i got a used t case waiting for surgery but it is still unclear since i only find 3:11 but dont see anything from being only low range or high range?

I am about to start this process right now but i am curios if i only need one kit for high range and low range or do i need to purchase to separate kits i got a used t case waiting for surgery but it is still unclear since i only find 3:11 but dont see anything from being only low range or high range?
Typically these are sold separately although we do offer a "re-gear" package for these HF2A(V) t-cases. Feel free to call and I'll be happy to help.

Georg

Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers.
209-475-8808

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom