How do you tighten loose whale tail? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i searched thus question but most threads are related to removing the apparatus. I kinda like it on my black 07. However it has come loose and rattles like a fishing lure. I spent some time trying to figure out how to resolve but can’t figure it out. Is it glued? Clipped or what? Anyone had success in securing? I’m stumped. Thanks in advance.

Are you referring to this type of "spoiler":

slide1-jpg.606808

If so, this removal thread does a pretty good job of describing/illustrating how it is attached, and should give you a pretty good idea of how to fix it:
LX 470 2006 - Rear whale tail spoiler removal - some ideas to plug the holes, please

Yes that is the one. I have seen that post. However, doesn’t really help me figure out how to tighten it. Seems like some were glued some were not. At this point I’m probably going to try to slide some mirror adhesive in there. Not sure. The rattling is driving me nuts.

Well, it seems to describe how it is attached pretty well. If you know how it's attached, it would seem to be pretty simple to figure out what has failed or is missing.

If it were me:

I'd start be checking the 2 bolts.

If they're already tight, won't tighten, or it makes no difference, I'd follow the disassembly procedure and inspect for broken bolts/rivnuts/claws/clips and try to adjust/repair/replace the failed hardware.

If none of that helps, either reinstall by reversing the process, and try adding some adhesive or replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom