Suspension options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've noticed that my '94 FZJ80 has developed some droop. The tape measure has the gap from the fender to tire on the left front a whole inch lower than the right front.

After rolling over some uneven roads in Colorado, I'm looking to smooth out the ride for my wife and kids as well.

Slee Offroad has the Old Man Emu stock height replacement kit, which is around $843, but they also have the 2.5-inch lift with medium duty springs for $114 more. I don't have any extra weight on the outside of the LC, so I think the medium duty springs will be sufficient for camping gear, food, luggage, etc.

Does anyone have experience with other lift kits? Dobinsons? Suggestions?

Thank you.

Check w/ @cavboy78 as it sounds like he might be pulling his suspension.

i would say the stock height replacement OME would handle that. I have 33's, front/rear bumpers, and winch and have taken it many places you wouldn't think it would go. It has been to top of the world run and a ton of overloading trips in between with nothing but a great ride and success. if you are unarmored, you will even ride higher than me. the stock heights are supposed to give about an inch over stock height (which yours a probably sagging well beyond that). i did have to use a spacer on the front to get an even lift since the OME kits generally result in a rake towards the front. these are also progressive springs that unique to the stock height lift.

and like @BILT4ME says, gonna do a lift and 35s soon and was gonna pull the springs

How many miles do you have on your springs now?

i would say the stock height replacement OME would handle that. I have 33's, front/rear bumpers, and winch and have taken it many places you wouldn't think it would go. It has been to top of the world run and a ton of overloading trips in between with nothing but a great ride and success. if you are unarmored, you will even ride higher than me. the stock heights are supposed to give about an inch over stock height (which yours a probably sagging well beyond that). i did have to use a spacer on the front to get an even lift since the OME kits generally result in a rake towards the front. these are also progressive springs that unique to the stock height lift.

and like @BILT4ME says, gonna do a lift and 35s soon and was gonna pull the springs

id guess 10k at the most

heres a pic loaded out at moab in May. Just send me a PM whenever.

IMG_6602.jpg

I am also looking to upgrade mine soon and I have that lift kit as well. I have heavies and mediums for the rear once I get a new lift installed.

Stock height can handle 33's. As noted above 2.5 lift handles up to 35's but you then need to get into extending brake lines, castor correction, etc. Not the end of the world but if you are thinking about sway bar disconnects to do serious rock crawling it impacts daily driving too. Depending on how spunky your motor is possible rebuild/HG and maybe even gears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom