Door panel removal????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
looking at sound proofing the doors. Is there a certain order and method to removing the metal strip at the window opening and replacing it?
Removing the door and window handles as not to break any of it.

Thanks all

My suggestion: Don't put anything inside the doors. Nothing. It's a Land Cruiser. Anything you put in there will trap moisture & promote rust and likely not do much anyway. Sound comes in through the glass, floor, body.
Don't do it.

Makes sense. So then do the floor and body, fire walls?

You may be able to add some thin insulation between the plastic liner and door panel but for what gain I dunno. Removing the panel is as easy as removing window crank, door handle bezel, and arm rest. Then gently pop the plastic clips out trying not to break them or damage the card. The above advice is good advice.

You may be able to add some thin insulation between the plastic liner and door panel but for what gain I dunno. Removing the panel is as easy as removing window crank, door handle bezel, and arm rest. Then gently pop the plastic clips out trying not to break them or damage the card. The above advice is good advice.
On top of that, the easiest way I have found of pull/installing the door after that is lifting the left hand side (where the lock mechanism is) up first then slowly wiggling the remainder of the top of the door card out from under the little triangle at the right side.

@OSS is spot on about the moisture build up issue ,

if u sandwich Any material between the clear plastic and the door panel itself u will create a habitat for Mold

take note the card itself for the door panel itself is a pressed cardboard material , like Masonite .

this is so its breathable and Not a vapor barrier

Its a Land Cruiser , things will rattle and shake a bit and its a Loud Vehical to drive , But Thats why they are so desirable to us

Heavy Duty makes noise .........

my 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom