What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I drove across the Great Divide Basin in southern WY, searching for CDT hikers to give them food, drink, and shade. It was about 100 miles of two track like this. This is exactly what I love my Land Cruiser for: any road on the map, I can probably drive it without knowing exactly what I am going to come up against. Most of it was super easy nice cruising, but there were some steep washes and hills to go over that would have stopped a lot of vehicles.

View attachment 1746318

Do you do that because you WANT to, is it a JOB, or ???

Just seems random to drive around in a large area like that just to look for people that may or may not be there........ Unless you're in S&R.

Do you do that because you WANT to, is it a JOB, or ???

Just seems random to drive around in a large area like that just to look for people that may or may not be there........ Unless you're in S&R.

It's not a job. Just being nice and paying back what I have gotten a lot of (random people giving me things while walking across the country). It's part of long distance hiking culture.

I drove across the Great Divide Basin in southern WY, searching for CDT hikers to give them food, drink, and shade. It was about 100 miles of two track like this. This is exactly what I love my Land Cruiser for: any road on the map, I can probably drive it without knowing exactly what I am going to come up against. Most of it was super easy nice cruising, but there were some steep washes and hills to go over that would have stopped a lot of vehicles.

View attachment 1746318
Awesome abassadorship for the 4x4 community. Some hikers are all about banning vehicles from areas; until offered cool water or they roll their ankle and get offered a ride

there is another guy on another forum i have read some of his post's about ferrying through hikers to town and letting them stay at his place.
i can't say "ferrying " is common practice but people do it.

What a week, I woke this morning to my 80 crying.:( I need to comfort it and assure it, its not going anywhere.

upload_2018-7-18_8-3-46.png

Twin Turbo Maltec 200 eh? Hopefully that means you finally came to your senses and ditched the 100 :flipoff2:

Yes, Sadly just testing, 100 or 80's is not going anywhere

Last edited:
It's not a job. Just being nice and paying back what I have gotten a lot of (random people giving me things while walking across the country). It's part of long distance hiking culture.
we call them trail faries( i know, I know) and they are awesome

This is awesome many years ago I thought about doing the CDT and carrying enough water is a challenge. You have to have people stash water in some places. Very cool that you’re out there giving back!

View attachment 1746318

Turned over 264,000 miles on Black Bear Pass above Telluride, CO. In the Rain and hail.

41683532410_330b9d571f_o.jpg

From Ophir Pass, i think.
43491281201_24f271835a_o.jpg

Last one is the water crossing at the start of Imogene.

41683516330_fc06c13b88_k.jpg

3 Link and Y link did awesome. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom