LS3 powered guys - what coolant are you running? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LINUS

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin
Threads
Like title says, looking for the voice of experience before I dump “GM recommendation” Dex-cool in mine.

I’m running a heat exchanger to a closed loop cooling system in my boat (uses whatever water I’m running in to HX with my closed loop anti-freeze.

Is Dexcool the nightmare it was in decades previous?
I ran a batch of BMW coolant (kinda blue) - but due for swapping/flushing & just wondering if a complete flush & Dexcool is smart, or to stay in the BMW blue or use Toyota red/pink.

If I swap from my current juice, I know to flush the crap out of the lines to no end, no worries about me mixing “flavors of Koolaid” here.

LMK what juice you have in your LSx’s.

Universal for all makes and models! That way if you need some you can put whatever you find in it. Dexcool is fine if you can find it in the middle of no where. They hype with Dexcool is it is good for 5 years.

I'm running Evan's. Not sure I'd recommend it but with that said I've had zero overheating issues. It's issues are twofold: first, it's damn expensive; second you cannot mix it with water so if you get a leak on the trail and need to refill with anything that has water in it, you'll need to flush the system (and you'll lose about $250 of coolant)... in my opinion, and this is my next test. I'll use Evans if I have a motor that has overheating issues that are air-flow related and not mechanical related - I have a 76 Corvette that could have issues, so that's where this coolant goes next (yes, that means I'm draining it out of the '40 and putting into another vehicle).

Run synthetic motor oil in the engine & water with parts house anti freeze in radiator, nothing special. Gotta have the steam port hooked up to purge steam pockets. My 40 runs a 6.0 liter with a stock fj40 radiator and no cooling issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom