Wanted Where to source engine and trans? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I'm contemplating a 97 landcruiser purchase in the very near future and am trying to figure out what options there are for engine and trans replacement if the need arises.

Are there brand new replacement motors and transmissions for sale somewhere?
Been searching online for a couple days and not turning up much.

Id appreciate y'alls help

Tranny’s are bulletproof. Not heard of many with issues. I would not spend on one.

I believe you can still get a short block from Toyota.

I believe you can still get a short block from Toyota.

11400-66041 - Genuine Toyota BLOCK ASSEMBLY, SHORT

Borrowed pic:

Short Block Assy.jpg

@beno carries engines and can get NEW heads. They are not inexpensive.

If you want to do a swap, you can do one yourself with LS version of your choice or diesel of your choice.

However, the stock 1FZ-FE is know to run to 500K on the bottom end with regular maintenance.

The head gasket has an issue on it's first one, but the Toyota replacement is very good.

The valve seals need replaced every 150K to 250K.

Yes, it's underpowered, but long life engine with proper maintenance.

Bare block is more expensive than a complete short block?! Where is the logic in that?

Is it like the clocking spring that’s $400, but the steering cluster assembly, which includes the clock spring, is only about $250...?

Bare block is more expensive than a complete short block?! Where is the logic in that?

Is it like the clocking spring that’s $400, but the steering cluster assembly, which includes the clock spring, is only about $250...?

The part number is wrong as well as the pricing from whatever site you got that from.

11401-69536 MSRP: $4126.27

11400-66041 MSRP: $4545.65

So, no, not more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom