Correct Tail Light Style for NOV 1974 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My tail lights on my Nov 74 FJ40 are a concoction of aftermarket lights that you might find at a tractor parts store or something. I’d like to put them back to the correct set up. Does anyone have a picture of the period correct tail light assembly? Maybe a source?

My tail lights on my Nov 74 FJ40 are a concoction of aftermarket lights that you might find at a tractor parts store or something. I’d like to put them back to the correct set up. Does anyone have a picture of the period correct tail light assembly? Maybe a source?

My '70 came with much like you are saying, trailer lights. My rear frame member was pretty cut up and I made a new bumper, but used the same pattern for the lights. I bought trailer lights but you couldn't change the bulb. I was fortunate to find similar units, with bulbs to replace with. However, the classic white, red, yellow lights are the way to go. They are made in Taiwan and don't need to say Toyota. You should be able to get them for $20 for a pair. I did here in Ecuador and everything is expensive. I bought two sets just so I had spare lenses.

DSCN1954.JPG

124BA3CA-D535-41BC-B161-D45F096AA53E.png
Oem and aftermarket avail all over. Ccot has them as an example but most vendors on here have them as well.

I thought those were probably the correct ones. Good thing is that my rear frame cross member is not chopped up. I’m not doing a concours restoration so they don’t have to be a factory set. Thanks!

hard to tell from the photos but that doesnt look like a stock rear crossmember

This is a place where spendy the money on OEM shows.
After market oe style lights are crappy in almost every regard.
Poor quality lenses that fade and fog badly.
Poor quality housings.

This is a place where spendy the money on OEM shows.
After market oe style lights are crappy in almost every regard.
Poor quality lenses that fade and fog badly.
Poor quality housings.
Where’s the best place to get the OEM’s?

I'm typically more intrested in shorter shipping times than saving a buck or two.
In your case.
Cruiser corps
You think they have the complete assembly? I see the OEM lens are readily available but not I’m seeing complete assemblies readily available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom