*REAL TIMEISH* Blew airbag in Montrose, CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

aaronrules

Coolest person you know!
Threads
Hey all. This isn’t an emergency...I think. 2006 LX470 on AHC. I have the Air Lift 60728 air bags and one blew out on the way out of town from HIH. We are in Montrose heading to Buena Vista. Either via 50 to Salida north or 92/133 to Aspen then south.

Nothing in Montrose as far as replacement airbags. And nothing as far as replacement springs.

Anybody out there have any stock LC springs? Or know a place between here and Buena Vista where I can get springs or air bags?

Right now the AHC is holding on neutral, but I’m not sure how much I want to chance it for 1000 mike trek home after we stay in BV for a couple days.

I’ll be checking this thread, but if somebody has a place or anything, you can call or text me at(479) 462-9896. I’m driving and service sucks, but hopefully someone can get through.

We will be in Montrose for the 30 minutes or so (it’s 2:00PM right now).

damn dude, that sucks. maybe Amazon prime a set of airbags
Yeah I tried. Nothing can get to me until Friday...even with prime.

Try Prescision in Gunnison,they have taken care of me a few times in my 80 when I needed rush help and if they can I bet they will!

They are right on 50 as you come into town from Montrose.

Try Prescision in Gunnison,they have taken care of me a few times in my 80 when I needed rush help and if they can I bet they will!

They are right on 50 as you come into town from Montrose.
Just called them, no help. :(

@aaronrules Amazon Prime (same or next day shipping to your location). By the way, when you're in BV, eat at House Rock Kitchen...place is AMAZING! If you get the rig fixed (or even if you don't), head north on 24 a few miles to Granite and head up Lost Canyon Road.....some of the most stunning views in the entire state (surrounded by 6 14ers...Elbert, Massive Oxford, Belford, Missouri and Huron). If you need trail advice in the hills surrounding BV, let me know. I travel all over that area.

Col Trails Sep 2017 (128).JPG

Lost Canyon.PNG

IMG_5689.JPG

Last edited:
Try Classic Cruisers in Salida (about 20minutes south of BV). While they specialize in older rigs, they might have a set of 80 series rear coils.
www.classiccruisers.com

Ok, I think it’s going to be good to go. We just went up and over a Independence Pass and did 65 on the way down the Buena Vista. At the campground now. I think I’m going to chance it for the way home.

Aaron,
Can you or have you deflated the other side to make it even?
Drag but glad it's getting you around ok at least. Is it on the bump stops or is is there enough spring left in it so to speak?

Aaron,
Can you or have you deflated the other side to make it even?
Drag but glad it's getting you around ok at least. Is it on the bump stops or is is there enough spring left in it so to speak?

I left the air in the other one. The stock springs and AHC seem to be holding pretty well.

I’m going to just trust it for the drive home on Friday. Then I will at least get new springs ordered.

They will replace the blown one and will only charge you $10- for shipping. They are a great company.

It might not matter because if you have a healthy AHC system the back of the truck should be balanced regardless, but I would still take the other bag down to 5 psi.

I’ll drop the one good airbag down, but with a 400 pound tongue weight and maybe 150-200 pounds in the back of the truck, it makes me nervous. BUT! No drawers, or back seats with most of the weight pushed up towards the front seats might help some?

[EDIT]~~~The other airbag has a leak also, I haven’t checked yet today, but I bet it’s alread lost most of its air.

The leak is coming from the hose where it connects to the airbag. Easy fix and I had to do it on the now blown one before we left for HIH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom