Where Have You Added Power Ports? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Threads
I want to run some dedicated power to the pass rear quarter of my '99 LX470 to power a fridge.

Using the Blue Sea calculator, and the fridge manufacturer, I find I need to run 10 gauge wire to the rear.

At first I got excited about placing one of these in the pass side rear quarter for my power needs: Blue Sea 4356 BelowDeck Panel | Powerwerx

blue-sea-4356-belowdeck-panel__2919_580.jpg

But when I got home and looked at the actual interior panel, I am having second thoughts. There are not a lot of places where this will fit, and then I remembered there is AC equipment inside that pass rear panel - would I have interference issues trying to fit this?

So maybe I need to just wire a single outlet in the back.

Has anyone added power ports to that pass rear interior panel? Was it a tight fit getting around the rear AC unit?

On a broader scale, I would like to see some of the best places people have added power ports!

TIA,

I was debating on doing something like this but decided against it for the time being (I dont have to power a fridge, yet). I added a volt meter/aux usb charger to my over head switch panel, been more useful for me so far.
IMG_0847.jpg

USB plug in rear driver side ash tray. A member on MUD made a 3D printed bezel that goes into the ash tray opening. I use this plug to power my fridge...

i9sFbqH.jpg

Hmm... I was thinking pass side to simplify the wires going all over, but that has appeal!
Who makes those?

Has anyone thought about adding spots in the rear flip down DVD player area? Mine is dangling and rattling terribly and would love to re purpose that area for something usable

USB plug in rear driver side ash tray. A member on MUD made a 3D printed bezel that goes into the ash tray opening. I use this plug to power my fridge...

i9sFbqH.jpg
Literally had the same idea and said I bet it’s on mud and sure enough! Great idea and yours is super clean. I’ll be installing the Anderson power poll bezel to power my fridge and other items.

I was just planning out doing this in my truck. My 105 did not come with a third row of seats, so the only ash trays are in the rear doors (too far forward anyway). But this 3D model may help someone else (not my work, but I'll likely post things to Thingiverse if I design anything useful).

There's a whole pile of really great solutions in Ben's thread: Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build.

I've got the one for the back of the console (2x USB, 1 for an inverter), and the overhead console switch assembly is on the way.

I used the 3rd row ashtray 3D print, and put a Blue Sea panel on the passenger side in the 3rd row:

img_7709-jpg.2267203

I put an ARB power port in place of the factory 12v outlet on the driver's side rear corner. I know, it's not very fancy...but it works and there was already a hole there. :D (I did have to enlarge it a bit) 10ga wire running to it now.

one of each side of the trunk area, one behind the center console plus a third one on the trunk for my fridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom