8th Annual 100s in the Hills *July 12-17 Silverton, Colorado* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

F22B7973-287D-4922-B6D9-F7B47F276CAB.jpeg
753D9B87-4BD0-4B4F-BF14-498F11036D10.jpeg
Another great HIH, thanks again to the organizers! Met a bunch of awesome people!
Coilovers performed better than I had thought they would, stay tuned for an install/review thread.

Probably my favorite pic from HIHs8.

My rig somewhere on Poughkeepsie:

9CCD4883-B595-46A2-B867-522F018FB6E9.jpeg

So I still have a couple days till I have to head back to the land of corn and soybeans....Indiana. So I thought I'd continue my Hundreds in the Hills adventure with the same 100, but different hills. Rolled into town about 1030 pm. Temp....88. :doh:

IMG_20180716_215956242.jpg

Probably my favorite pic from HIHs8.

My rig somewhere on Poughkeepsie:

View attachment 1746082

See that hairpin switchback in the trail above your driver's headlight? My group ran that section backwards (towards the wall from above it) and I swore I was about to roll. That's the only time I have ever gassed it to avoid - what I felt like was - a potential rollover. Took the turn too tight, left wheel dove down, thought I was about to eat dirt, gave it gas and stayed upright. It was probably a lot less dramatic than it felt, but I had a surge of adrenaline and a momentary pucker. I have a silly roll angle gauge in the car and I've hit ~40 degrees and not freaked out, but I bet that gauge maxed out at 45 for a second there this year because I was scared out of my mind.

Fun times, haha.

I don’t want it to be over. :(

To @bluecruiser , @paflytyer , Trail leaders/gunners, Supporting Vendors and all the volunteers.

Thanks you, again for making this an amazing event!!!! Another one in the books, better than the previous. Was great catching up with friends, making new ones and seeing so many 1st timers out on the trail! Cheers!

For those on Imogene/LastDollar but changed to Ophir, if you want the pix I took of each of your trucks follow the link HIH-DUB

Looking forward to HIH9 already!
-dub

Insta feed

Spotted 3 hundy's, one with a trailer, on eastbound I70 near Abilene, KS on my way home from work. Had to be an HIH convoy. Keep trucking' guys and enjoy the ever-changing weather of eastern Kansas!

@aaronrules you scared me on this one bud. It’s hard to tell from the pic but your driver rear is way up there. It ended up going a little further then the pic shows. I know that had to feel wild. I honestly thought you were gone man.

That was the wildest thing I saw all week.

I decided not to follow your line on that one:eek:

23EEB287-B547-4BE9-9D4F-BE19B5D4AC07.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom