Bumper recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Built my own to match my Slee front.

bmpr.jpg
IMG_3361.jpg

Mind if I ask for a price on front bumper from Delta VS? In a PM?

Won’t matter if it’s in a PM. Bumpers will be comparable in price to the Slee units. Prototype 2 front and rear have relatively significant changes in the weld joints (NOT the look, that remains the same) simply to reduce fabrication time. That is the last cost needed to plug into pricing sheet, so soon!

Very nice bumper! Want to make another one?

I am working on it. Patterns are at the metal guy for cutting and another local cruiser head will be the second prototype. After that the choice about rolling them out, or at least sharing the files for cutting will be decided.

A weld it together myself kit would be good. A kit that includes swing outs.

I sold my front design in the main sale. The new rear was not purchased as it was not in "production" and I have liberty to produce it as I deem fit. I can make one-off front customs but they cannot look like anything I've previously made or sold (@lcgeek front) Even if the bumper is "similar" I won't reproduce. I can't even make two of the same one-off custom per my agreement.

Don't forget the awesome front from Costa Fabrication--- @RDC76 this would be my choice on a current production front.... Excellent craftsmanship, MUD vendor and awesome person.

img_8828-jpg.1199979

Agree on the bumper of choice from Costa however he is not making fronts either at the moment per a recent post.... may want to verify. You custom build guys :D. ....... keep it up :beer:

Your design capabilities are outstanding. One question, what about visibility to the turn signals?

I bet the front turn signals are replaced by the embedded LED lights.

Your design capabilities are outstanding. One question, what about visibility to the turn signals?

As @Climr noted, the turn signals are replaced with low profile LEDs. The angle of the bumper where they are mounted provides more side visibility than stock.

Wow, the Delta stuff is beautiful. @Delta VS Need a nice rig for one of those prototype sets? I'll have a nice rig done in ~6 weeks. Either way, if you have a timeline of availability PM me!

Here are some pics of my restore in progress. 97 40th anniversary sage

That thing is a beaut! The next (final) prototypes will be mounted to our client/OverlandExpo build as we move into production. There will be plenty of options for your build!

I bet the front turn signals are replaced by the embedded LED lights.

You bet right!

Edit: words

Thank you much! We are about to receive prototype 2 front/rear material. Won't be long after that before they are ready to sell.

View attachment 1745963 View attachment 1745964

Please explain the "cavities" in the front bumper where the fog/driving lights are. That seems to me to be a place to capture mud, rocks, debris. I cannot see the rest of it, but maybe I'm missing something?

Please explain the "cavities" in the front bumper where the fog/driving lights are. That seems to me to be a place to capture mud, rocks, debris. I cannot see the rest of it, but maybe I'm missing something?

The lights you see there are mounted to interchangeable plates (you can see the two of the three retainment bolts to the right of the light). These are there as options. Do you want a blank plate? Do you want a Rigid Ind light plate (we are dealers)? Do you want a Baja Designs light plate (we are dealers)? Do you want an X-Ray Vision plate? Do you want...? As far as catching/holding anything, they have standoffs from the main shell so there is plenty of room around them to shed "stuff".

Does that make sense?

The lights you see there are mounted to interchangeable plates (you can see the two of the three retainment bolts to the right of the light). These are there as options. Do you want a blank plate? Do you want a Rigid Ind light plate (we are dealers)? Do you want a Baja Designs light plate (we are dealers)? Do you want an X-Ray Vision plate? Do you want...? As far as catching/holding anything, they have standoffs from the main shell so there is plenty of room around them to shed "stuff".

Does that make sense?

Maybe it's an optical illusion I'm seeing in that pic. To me, it looks like they are set back about 4"-5" INSIDE the bumper and the bottom part comes up and looks like a big "scoop".

Got another pic from a different angle?

Maybe it's an optical illusion I'm seeing in that pic. To me, it looks like they are set back about 4"-5" INSIDE the bumper and the bottom part comes up and looks like a big "scoop".

Got another pic from a different angle?

Here’s a view from a little bit above for you. As you can see, there’s less than an inch of material on the bottom to “catch” anything.

DA4E335E-D2F0-45FD-929B-125EADFFBA79.jpeg

Here’s a view from a little bit above for you. As you can see, there’s less than an inch of material on the bottom to “catch” anything.

View attachment 1746629

OK Thanks!

Yes, a bit of an illusion in the pic. 1" is way better than what I was visualizing.

I think you just sold me on this bumper. Do you happen to have a pic of the prototype from farther away so that it would be easier to see the whole thing?

I think you just sold me on this bumper. Do you happen to have a pic of the prototype from farther away so that it would be easier to see the whole thing?

Great to hear!

Instead of cluttering up this thread, there are a bunch of pics in this one: Delta Vehicle Systems goes to Overland If more are desired after looking through there, can post more up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom