Anyone recognize this part? (came from driver's side door) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone recognize this part? I was working to replace the motor in my door lock actuators and this just happened to fall out when i was removing the door lock actuator assembly - or it fell out at some point during the process. Not quite sure where it came from. It's a soft plastic that is squishy. I didn't show the end of the long barrel, but it is hollow as well. Hoping to put the door back together tonight and was hoping someone might recognize it so I could properly reinstall! Thanks in advance!

IMG_8394_zpsmguz0xf4.jpg

IMG_8393_zps8fbcfujg.jpg

Is that the water drain tube attached to some part of the actuator?

I had that fall off too when I was replacing my lock actuator motors. I had to wait until I removed another one to figure out how it went on. It fits on the black plastic body of the actuator, not sure if as a drain or what. It plugs onto the nipple that is between the cover and the plug here. You can make it out in the second picture to the right of the white tube.

upload_2018-7-17_6-29-40.png
upload_2018-7-17_6-32-5.png

I had that fall off too when I was replacing my lock actuator motors. I had to wait until I removed another one to figure out how it went on. It fits on the black plastic body of the actuator, not sure if as a drain or what. It plugs onto the nipple that is between the cover and the plug here. You can make it out in the second picture to the right of the white tube.

View attachment 1746186View attachment 1746188

Thanks a ton Border. I plan to change out the rest of my lock actuator motors shortly so I'll take a look on those as well. Based on your pictures hopefully should be pretty easy to put back on the previously reinstalled actuator without having to tear too much out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom