Check engine light with C1340 code and horrible mpg. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone was hoping someone could help me out. I was driving my 00 cruiser and noticed a check engine light on. Headed over to my brother inlaw mechanic and he pulled a C1340 code which says something about the center diff locker? Anyway I did also notice that my gas mileage went to crap recently. Got about 40 miles on a 1/4 tank that was full. I bought the car salvaged with a front end collision, not too bad. I barely drive the thing only put 550 miles on it (weekend Sunday fishing car) so I'm not in a rush. He cleared the fault but I'm sure it will come back. I looked into it and found multiple solutions including replacing the center diff switch, the center diff, possible wiring issues and replacing the gas cap haha. If anyone has any ideas please, your help is much appreciated.

does your diff lock indicator show locked? go to a hard surface parking lot and do some circles and figure eights to see if your fron end jumps jerks or binds up and the wheels chirp. if so you center lock is engaged.

does your diff lock indicator show locked? go to a hard surface parking lot and do some circles and figure eights to see if your fron end jumps jerks or binds up and the wheels chirp. if so you center lock is engaged.

No I didnt see any other indicators on except for the check engine light. I will check that when I get back to town, i work out of town weekdays. I do recall as i was driving around yesterday that it felt relatively normal, no hopping or skipping as I made a few U turns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom