Beep sound when opening the tailgate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, is there a way to deactivate the long annoying beep sound when opening the tailgate? I don’t have the tech stream cable (I don’t own a PC).

Thank you

Are you pressing both the lock and open buttons at the same time? The lock is a round dot about the size of a dime, the open button is oval and about the size of a 'c' battery. If your LC is like my 2011, it could be due to this (I did the same for awhile before others on here helped educate me as to what the heck was going on!)

Edit: wait, you said tailgate - is that an LX option (powered open/close) that the LC doesn't have?

As Kevin said... You sre almost surely hitting the round lock button while trying to hit the other open button.

So...it beeps because it thinks you’re trying to lock an open hatch.

Look under there and you’ll see what the difference is. Once you see it, you’ll know what to avoid.

When you WANT to lock the truck (after the hatch is closed), pushing that round button will do it—just like the little buttons on each door handle do as well.

Thank you guys, that worked, so stupid of me not to ask sooner.

Do you have a LC or LX?

Mine would beep whether I hit the lift gate button on the dash on key fob, either on opening or closing.

Do you have a LC or LX?

Mine would beep whether I hit the lift gate button on the dash on key fob, either on opening or closing.

It is beeping because you are hitting the lock button when something is open. So it beeps to alert you it can’t Lock until doors or hatch are closed.

It is functioning as designed.

It is beeping because you are hitting the lock button when something is open. So it beeps to alert you it can’t Lock until doors or hatch are closed.

I just hold the liftgate button. My fingers are touching 1 button only.

My LX570 key fob looks like this:

Lexus-SK-9-image-2.jpg

Ah. Can’t help you on the auto lift thing.
I’m caveman in an 08 LC. ;)

Well, I learned something new today. Thanks.

Short loud tone is the safety notification whenever the lift gate is in motion. A nanny minder.

Long low tone is a security error and has to do with invalid lock or unlock action.

As a fellow cavemen in an 08 thank you for posting this, I was annoyed by this beeping as well and it's good to know it's user error :)

I dunno man, my LC makes a long beep sometimes when I open the top of the tailgate and I'm definitely not touching the remote. I assume it's because one of the doors is open (kids getting in/out) or my wife's key is inside while I'm outside or something similar. I haven't tried to recreate it and figure out the exact trigger, but it happens.

There is a lock button (one nub) and an unlock (more than one nub). If you push both at once it’ll do the security alarm.

Lock is on the right iirc.

I dunno man, my LC makes a long beep sometimes when I open the top of the tailgate and I'm definitely not touching the remote. I assume it's because one of the doors is open (kids getting in/out) or my wife's key is inside while I'm outside or something similar. I haven't tried to recreate it and figure out the exact trigger, but it happens.

The beep doesn’t happen just because of the remote. If you bend down and look up under at the button you press to open the liftgate, you’ll see two separate buttons. One is flat. The flat one on latches the hatch. But right next to the flat button is a round pad. The round button is to lock your truck. So if any door is open, including the hatch… it will cause the beep. This often causes the beep when only the hatch is opened… Because pressing the flat button opens the hatch, while accidentally also depressing the round button tells the truck you are trying to lock it. So… If you hit both of those buttons, it is going to beep because it saying to you I can’t lock the truck, because the hatch is open.

So… The solution is… Being careful when you reach under there that you only press the flat hatch release button… And Not the round lock my truck button.

Makes sense now? :)

I suspect no one found a solution, but I want to confirm there is not a way to mute/turnoff the nanny beep that's activated when the liftgate is opening /closing?

I suspect no one found a solution, but I want to confirm there is not a way to mute/turnoff the nanny beep that's activated when the liftgate is opening /closing?
I haven't found one. This is for 18+ LC with power liftgate only. It is a long annoying beep also the amber parking/turn lights flash. It also beeps when closing the lower tailgate. If you switch them to manual mode they don't beep. As already mentioned the round button is lock/unlock and not related to the "safety" open close beeps.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to turn off the beep when driving with the top rear hatch open? I had it open to transport a 10ft piece of gutter in my ‘13 LC today and got a constant beep the whole ride home from Home Depot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom