PZJ77 radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was not aware of 24V audio components, but agree that 24V systems are better as current needs drop by roughly half. Now I've got to visit Amazon to see what I've been missing. Thanks for the info!

There are plenty of 24V audio options, but none of them are "good". I am dropping to 12V for my head unit and associated cameras.

I'd gamble to say most people in this ...

What do you plan to do for your rig?

Redarc converter charging a 12v car battery isolated from the 24v system. I’ll post my tentative diagram and more details shortly.

Marine audio in 24v is generally sub par. There are good amps but they’re terribly expensive.

@CENTEX this is my planned diagram. I haven't done any bench testing, and its way down the list of priorities currently.

wiring diagram.jpg

Planned componentry:

- Redarch BCD1220 "Electric alternator" (may change based on current tech at the time of installation)
- Ill probably go with a Kinetik deep cycle marine battery
- Kenwood DDX3015 Head unit (purchased this in Japan and will keep it because my truck is JDM and I think its neat to have)
- Kenwood CMOS-320 multi angle backup camera. I decided on this for the multi-view when off-road.
- Kenwood KAC-M1804 Amplifier. 12V marine grade. (I may upgrade this depending on future tech)
- Polk MM651 mids. Marine grade 2-ways. phenomenal sound. Two are run from the headunit and 2 are run from the amp.
- Polk MM842DVC or SVC Subwoofer. It sits at 300/900 cont/peak. I'll pickup and marine grade amp to run it correctly. Its and 8" and I plan to build a low profile ported box for it so I don't eat up a bunch of space. Ideally everything but the battery and Sub will go under the rear seat and the battery and sub will go aft of the rear wheel wells.

*Note, The subwoofer and it's amplifier are not depicted in this diagram. It will be done with common techniques and a kill switch to the system.

@CENTEX this is my planned diagram. I haven't done any bench testing, and its way down the list of priorities currently.

View attachment 1733040

Planned componentry:

- Redarch BCD1220 "Electric alternator" (may change based on current tech at the time of installation)
- Ill probably go with a Kinetik deep cycle marine battery
- Kenwood DDX3015 Head unit (purchased this in Japan and will keep it because my truck is JDM and I think its neat to have)
- Kenwood CMOS-320 multi angle backup camera. I decided on this for the multi-view when off-road.
- Kenwood KAC-M1804 Amplifier. 12V marine grade. (I may upgrade this depending on future tech)
- Polk MM651 mids. Marine grade 2-ways. phenomenal sound. Two are run from the headunit and 2 are run from the amp.
- Polk MM842DVC or SVC Subwoofer. It sits at 300/900 cont/peak. I'll pickup and marine grade amp to run it correctly. Its and 8" and I plan to build a low profile ported box for it so I don't eat up a bunch of space. Ideally everything but the battery and Sub will go under the rear seat and the battery and sub will go aft of the rear wheel wells.

*Note, The subwoofer and it's amplifier are not depicted in this diagram. It will be done with common techniques and a kill switch to the system.
OK, so that does make sense, and seems like you will have a very nice system in your J. I'm wondering how the acoustics will work in your setup. Any plans for sound deadening? Are you using the stock locations for the front speakers, or cutting door panels, etc.?

OK, so that does make sense, and seems like you will have a very nice system in your J. I'm wondering how the acoustics will work in your setup. Any plans for sound deadening? Are you using the stock locations for the front speakers, or cutting door panels, etc.?
Lizard skin thermal and sound spray. I’ve cut the door cards for the mids. The front requires about 1” spacing in the lower front corners. I’ll be building door cards from scratch. I plan on using grey outdoor leather and a Hawaiian floral design for inserts.

Lizard skin thermal and sound spray. I’ve cut the door cards for the mids. The front requires about 1” spacing in the lower front corners. I’ll be building door cards from scratch. I plan on using grey outdoor leather and a Hawaiian floral design for inserts.
Nice! I was wondering what the clearance was behind the door panels because the 4" under dash speakers are pathetic. I was thinking about some 6.5"'s, but didn't know if they would fit in. I'm just going to utilize deck power for this one though.

Nice! I was wondering what the clearance was behind the door panels because the 4" under dash speakers are pathetic. I was thinking about some 6.5"'s, but didn't know if they would fit in. I'm just going to utilize deck power for this one though.
I bought a '91 HDJ81 yesterday also. Curious how I will like the turbo diesel. Think I want to keep the J77 though and will market the 81, but I will have to confirm once it arrives.

I found out something today while wiring a light bar up. If you tap one + and - of a single battery, you have a 12V feed. Don't know if you were aware.

I found out something today while wiring a light bar up. If you tap one + and - of a single battery, you have a 12V feed. Don't know if you were aware.

Don’t do that. You’ll drain a battery unequally and risk damage. Ask me how I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom