Foam tire inserts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My understanding is that Tesla is not the only luxury brand using this or similar technology. Did they mention whether these were run-flats, also, as I think they often kills two birs with one stone this way, obviating the need for a spare. I can't quite make out the brand of the tire, but checking a few mfg's out for their higher tech offerings might lead to something interesting.

My wife’s Tesla model S didn’t (sold it a few weeks ago) have run flats. They sell a “kit” that contains: slime, scissor jack, and a small compressor. I think the early ones had run flats. We get our model 3 Next month (ish) and I don’t think it will have run flats on it on delivery but we will see.

And the tire in the picture is a pirelli. Our Tesla had pirelli tires and I think the model 3 will as well. We ordered a 2nd set of wheels for winter tires with the model 3 and it was tough getting the internal delivery rep to understand why I did not want the pirelli studless winter tires just wheels (I’ll put on studded Nokian). However I won’t be suprised if it gets here with pirelli’s on the extra wheels.

And the tire in the picture is a pirelli. Our Tesla had pirelli tires and I think the model 3 will as well. We ordered a 2nd set of wheels for winter tires with the model 3 and I had a hard time getting the internal delivery rep to understand that I didn’t want the studless winter pirelli tires mounted, just the wheels (I’ll put on studded Nokian when they get here). However I will not be suprised if the extra set showes up with the pirellis on (for me to sell on Craig’s list)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom