For Sale Tulsa PTO Winch - IA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kris

But my friends call me Kris
Threads
PTO Winch made by Tulsa Winch that I got off a 72 FJ40. I have been able to find ZERO info on it. Not even another picture like it.

What I do know:
Aluminum Housing
Couple of cracks around threaded boss's or stripped threads
Remnants of ~40 year old gear oil
Surface Rust on gears
It still works - rigged it up with a electric motor to unspool the ancient wire off of it.
I have the u-joints and shafts, but shafts aren't anything special (1" solid rod)

My idea is to sell this thing as-is. But if you need just the guts, I can scrap the case and send you the parts in a smaller box. Right now it's in an 18x12x9 box and weighs 20-30 lbs. I will be shipping from 52255. If you want just the guts, I can probably get them to fit in a USPS Regional box.

It's hard to put a price on something that I haven't seen around before. But I'm thinking something less than $100 + shipping from 52255.

btt

So 200 people don't know what this is, maybe the next 200 might.

Living in the Past (John) might know but he is likely hunkered down riding out the AZ heat.

@Living in the Past Sorry, your name has been called. Should still be cool yet this morning in AZ. Have you ever seen one of these relics before?

Sorry I have never hear of this winch. Probably a winch someone had and adapted to a FJ40. My 73 FST has some locally made electric winch. Few of these floating around in AZ but not just FJ40s. Was told it uses a jet engine starter. Warn and Ramsey both marketed their winches for Land Cruisers. Toyota had a deal with Ramsey to offer PTO winches thru their dealer. Later years it was the Warn electric winch they offered. In Australia the Thomas winch was popular but not if it had any connection with Toyota. Everything else believe is just setting someone made work on a FJ40.

Curious what type of PTO was driving it? If a Toyota PTO more value in that than the winch. Have a FJ25 that came with a Ramsey PTO winch driven by transmission mounted Toyota PTO. Have a FJ40 that has the Ramsey PTO to drive the Ramsey winch.

As for AZ heat it's currently 62 degrees. Little cooler at 7,000'. Have to head back to the Phoenix area soon to clean up after the huge monsoon storm that went thru the area yesterday.

Thanks for the history lesson John!

I suppose a better place for this might actually be in the Winch/Recovery section.

I completely agree that there is more value in the toyota PTO box than this winch. Just trying to give someone a chance to fix their one-of-a-kind winch.

Forgot that John in in the higher elevations of AZ this time of year:)

So 200 people don't know what this is, maybe the next 200 might.
I have, what looks like the same winch. Was on my 65 K10. Do you still have that one? Thanks Rick

BC7A1B1F-2DC5-499E-A16A-73CDD2F5CFAD.jpeg

Reactions: flx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom