Hi-Lift Jack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to build up my collection of gear and a 'Hi-Lift' jack seems to be a critical piece. Couple of questions.

1) Are 'Hi-Lift' jacks only made by the Hi-Lift Company or are there other vendors that I should be looking at that sell 'Hi-Lift' style jacks?

2) What should I be looking for in a Hi-Lift jack? They seem to come in different sizes and materials. The top of the line seems to be the 60" X-Treme for $132 (60" Hi-Lift X-TREME Jack 52767060506 | eBay). Would that handle most realistic scenarios my 3rd Gen 4 Runner could get into or is there something better?

Thanks -

The 48" jack is good for most applications and it's easier to store. Stay with Hi-Lift for a known quality product and learn to use it without seriously injuring yourself.

Xs2 on the 48" jack for your vehicle. It can be used as a come-along as well, with shackles or some chain.
And yes, they can be dangerous, so proper use and knowledge of the dangers is critical knowledge.

x2 what The Old Fart says. Pay the extra to get the best grade you can find. I've seen dozens of old, unusable jacks because the foot bent under pressure on an uneven surface. One of those silicon rubber anti-rattle handle holders is worth it's weight in gold.

Go with the 60" jack if your truck is rolling on 37" or larger meats, otherwise 48" wil be easier to control and will suffice with careful placement.

Make sure you have good sliders and front and rear bumpers that can be used with a Hi-Lift. It's easy to do damage to your truck, as well as yourself, with these jacks.

As others have said

Stay away from the generic farm jacks for automotive use. There are tons of accessories and add-ons that can be used with the jacks. Many bumpers also have specific lift points made just for the big jaw of the hi-lift. The Xtreme models are cool if you want to use the jack like a winch and has slots to grab chain, but it's also more than twice the price! I have a little add on that attaches directly to the the trucks wheels so I can lift from the wheel, which makes it easier to stack rocks/logs if that's your thing.
Keep in mind that they're dangerous as hell to use if you are not methodical and if you try to push the limits of the tool.
I use mine mostly for Ranch kinds of stuff rather than offroad driving kinds of stuff.

In and case, it's a great I'll school tool to have in the inventory...but it sure is heavy.

OBTW, these jacks can be used as a winch but it's a hell of a lot of work to do so making this your "last ditch" choice.

If you’re ever near Gaithersburg I’ll sell you my 60 inch Hi-Lift. I used it once. Otherwise it’s just been sitting in my garage

Swap meet might be a great place to buy a hi-lift jack !!!

That's were I got mine. It was a SMOKING DEAL!! I should have gotten 2! But someone talked me into buying a 3FE head.

I found the knock-offs weren't significantly cheaper. One problem with a Hi-Lift is finding a good place to jack off of. Slee Offroad sells a jack-off attachment, so if you have sliders, and their attachment, you will always have a good place to jack off.

Slee Offroad sells a jack-off attachment, so if you have sliders, and their attachment, you will always have a good place to jack off.

Christmas is coming @TRFCSUX @76FJ40 if you are good Santa may get you the attachment!!

I tried to resist but couldn't!!

I can’t wait until Christmas. I’m already suffering from DSB.

I’m already suffering from DSB.

Drooping Saggy Balls? I'm afflicted as well, happens the second you turn fifty. All of sudden you sit on the toilet, and your balls get wet :eek:

Dreaded sperm buildup.

Back on topic. they are the best tool to have for pulling fence posts, second only to a backhoe in effectiveness and fun factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom