Olathe Toyota quote (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This was entirely to good to keep to myself.

Having recently purchased a "06, I wanted to do/have done some baseline maintenance items. I went to the local Toyota Dealer, Olathe Toyota, and asked about having the radiator flushed and new coolant added. I thought while they were dealing with the cooling system, I would see what they would charge to replace the 2 heater T's and the small hoses running from the T's.

BTW, the local club gets a 20% discount at the dealer........

189 for the flush, and re-fill.

Now please make sure you are sitting down......

Total for the flush, coolant, T's, and install, with discount.......

$840!

5 hours of labor for the T's!

Yep. I did my own. And they are a pain.

I managed to do mine without pulling the intake. But next time, I'll pull it. I still have an elusive leak somewhere.

I was there 2 weeks ago and bought the 2 Ts for $8 a piece. It took maybe 20 mins with a few different pliers. I have 120K one the clock so I reused the clamps and I didn't need any extra coolant as only a tiny bit was lost. The biggest pain is having to "sit" up on the engine, it was literally a pain in the rear. My 6yr old and I then took a 4K mile trip to Cal. Somewhere near Tuba City, AZ we helped a lady and her 5 kids (ages 2-16) broken down with coolant everywhere in 95 degree heat and guess what, she was from Olathe. The cause was a broken plastic T to the rear heater core, grrrr. I used zip ties, duct tape, and rubber cement to get her limped on to Tuba City. Who knows what she paid then to get it fixed. What a way for the car makers to save a buck on parts.

I suppose if you were to only do the T's it might not be so bad. I replaced all the hoses as well for insurance sake. And that's what caused me to break my crossover pipe which exacerbated the situation even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom