Toe in and/or bent spindle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hi Everyone,

Over the weekend I discovered that my trailer tires were toed out almost 3/4 inch and it may actually be a bent spindle on one side. I just haven't done the precise measurement yet to determine if it is the axle or a single spindle. In the meantime, I turned the axle around to now it it toed in. I can't tell a difference in how it pulls, but am curious if there should be any toe in or out on trailers and how much.

Thanks for the input.

just a guess but I would think a little toe in for stability.

is the toe issue just one side or did the axle shift a bit

just a guess but I would think a little toe in for stability.

is the toe issue just one side or did the axle shift a bit
Axle did not shift, it is actually toed in now. When I discovered it, it was toed out so I turned the axle around. I am betting it is a bent spindle from a pot hole of something, but haven't had a chance to confirm it yet.

Slight toe in and negative camber is very common all for stability. When I built my axle for off-road use I assume I’ll never load the axle to warrant camber for tire ware when heavily loaded but left toe. I figure tires are going to dry rot before wearing out on a trailer that is not used commercially. so it really doesn’t matter to much. If it pulls nicw leave it.

Slight toe in and negative camber is very common all for stability. When I built my axle for off-road use I assume I’ll never load the axle to warrant camber for tire ware when heavily loaded but left toe. I figure tires are going to dry rot before wearing out on a trailer that is not used commercially. so it really doesn’t matter to much. If it pulls nicw leave it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom