Rad Rubber Engine Splash Guards install... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

A few days ago EarthX posted pictures of his coil overs going in and a few people commented on his splash guards . Everyone liked them but didn't realize they were just NEW OEM guards.

d50e115b-e17c-4260-a4f2-4298ea88f3c7-jpeg.1723087

I said I would try to call Eddie, the Owner of Rad Rubber Designs to see about his Rubbers for our trucks.

Let it be stated that I don't know him other than speaking with him and buying a set of his Rubbers at FJ Summit last year. I didn't get anything for posting this and I'm not trying to pimp his stuff being he isn't a vendor.

I tried to see if he would do a group buy, but after talking to him for a while he stated he can't really do any group buys since he has his product priced as low as he can go. So... sorry, no group buy :(

That said, yesterday I received my order in the mail.

IMG_4444.jpg

This contains all of the fasteners and the 4 front engine splash guards for the front wheel wells. These things are solid!!! I love them on my FJ Cruiser and will love them just the same on Stelah.

They are really thick nitric rubber so it is resistant to oil, water, grease, fuel... as you can see here:

IMG_4458.jpeg

Once you get the package open it will take about 15 min to install both sides.

First take out your old guards. Pull them off or cut your zip ties that are now holding them on :)

IMG_4447 2.jpg

IMG_4448.jpg

Now just use his instructions and put the fasteners where they go. There are a few push in 1/4 in ones and other 5/16 in push in fasteners. Just line up the holes and push them in with your thumb till they pop.

Easy Peazy...

Here is what they look like:

IMG_4465.jpeg

They are really nice bit of farkle and much better than the stock.

Like I said, Eddie can't do a group buy, but he has some guards for our rigs but they aren’t on his website. Give him a shout at radrubberdesign@gmail.com

Tell him that you heard about him on Mud and he might become a vendor. I know he will be at FJ Summit July 17-22 of this month after HIH, so drive up to Ouray and get some. Actually come up anyway... its changing to The Toyota Summit next year!

Hope this helps. Let me know if you want any other pictures.

Shane

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the part numbers are for the OEM guards? Specifically the front drivers side one? Tried searching everywhere....

@tracknod Thanks for sharing. Once in a while I do business with a company that exceeds all expectations. This is all that I can say about my experience with RAD Rubber designs. I am still very pleased with the product. I know I paid a few dollars more than some other offerings. I think they are definitely worth the extra dollars.

My experience is based on a set that I purchased for my 1st gen Tacoma. The quality, instructions, and packaging was very thoughtfully done.

Last summer, I ordered the splash guards and got busy with other projects and forgot about it. So maybe two weeks passes and I get a call and voicemail from a the owner at RAD rubber. I called back and the owner apologized profusely about the delay in shipment. My response: What delay? I laughed. It was a total customer service experience that I didn't expect.

It's coincidental that I saw this thread today. I actually ordered a RAD set for my LX470 over the weekend without seeing this thread. I'm sure the product will exceed all expectations once again.

Land Cruiser 100 and 80 series product link. Note option for body lift.

Pictures from my 1st gen Taco order last summer.

1586261243389.png

1586262245774.png

Tool that I used to remove the old clips on the LX470 and the Tacoma. This is a trim removal tool that I bought at Advance Auto over 10 years ago.

1586261923191.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the bump, I just ordered a set. Hoping for greater coverage and better flexibility to clean behind compared to stock. Fighting northeast salt.

Are these for front and rear wheel wells? Looks great!

I finally got around to ordering a set of these Rad Rubber guards to replace the missing OE splash guards on our 99 LX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom