How to adjust inside rear ambulance door latch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

I've been having some trouble with my inside ambulance door latch (drivers side). This is on a 77 fj40. The rods that connect the spring loaded catches to the handle keep coming loose. I've shortened the length of the rods but they still come undone.

Im hoping the issue is related to this gold color spring thing on the inside of the handle. Any tips or suggestions as to what the function is of that piece?

Thanks!

20180623_123152.jpg

20180623_122810.jpg

20180623_122822.jpg

You are welcome to stop by and we can take a look at mine to see if you are missing any small parts or springs .I remember reassembling mine and there didn't seem to be any tricks to getting it to work properly. Hopefully you aren't missing a small piece . Nice day for a drive .I've been driving mine all morning.

That sounds good! It never used to do it but I'm not sure that maybe one of the kids didn't pull the handle 180 degrees or more. Since then I seem to be having troubles.

I sent you a pm

Actually i found Sparta diagram someone posted . It looks like im missing a snap lock piece that would hold the ends of the rod to the swivel plate . Toyota part 69768-90300 . NLA.

Bummer. Have to figure something out tp hold the rods in place thrpugh the swivel plate.

Thank you both! Seems to be some uncertainty as tl its availability. A couple parts sites i check said NLA. Ill check out those two links. Both of course seem to have costly shipping, but i guess i gotta do what ive got to do to get the parts i need.

Tons of good info here. I may try to cancel the $16 order from toyota parts and pick up the carb clips shown above.

The piece that drops behind the door door catch broke off the rod.

Is this what SOR has listed as the RR DR Catchbar? Looks like it’s discontinued... hmm.

2C2D472E-5545-4DD8-9BC2-4AD4BE6FE259.jpeg
EF657546-34CF-4EA8-9FBA-6C3C5CF3AD43.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom