Does anyone use a Yakima Megawarrior? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been considering a new roof rack, and I realized I really like the esthetics and function of rooftop baskets.

I started looking into the Megawarrior, and $400 is easier to swallow than $1500.

I understand the weight capacity is very different than a frontrunner/prinsu/rhino/etc.., but for what I will need it for, the Megawarrior should be enough.

No future plans for a RTT.

I've seen some on the 100 board, just curious about them on 200s.

Anyone here use one? Any pics you could post.

I have been considering a new roof rack, and I realized I really like the esthetics and function of rooftop baskets.

I started looking into the Megawarrior, and $400 is easier to swallow than $1500.

I understand the weight capacity is very different than a frontrunner/prinsu/rhino/etc.., but for what I will need it for, the Megawarrior should be enough.

No future plans for a RTT.

I've seen some on the 100 board, just curious about them on 200s.

Anyone here use one? Any pics you could post.
Before I installed a Prinsu rack, I used a Yakima Load Warrior with extension. (Still have it) They work great, and the bonus is you can take it off of the car when not in use. They’re compatible with the factory roof rails, but if you’re planning on putting anything of substantial weight up there I’d either pop for a Yakima crossbar setup, or add additional factory rails for stability. As I said I still have my setup and don’t need it any longer, just haven’t gotten around to listing it for sale. Hit me up if you decide to go with the basket, worked great for me.

Make sure you account for the additional height, as a basket will sit fairly high on top of the existing roof rack cross bars. I am sitting at 6'9" with a TJM lift, 33's and Gobi rack. If I had a factory rack and basket, it would be much higher.

Before I installed a Prinsu rack, I used a Yakima Load Warrior with extension. (Still have it) They work great, and the bonus is you can take it off of the car when not in use. They’re compatible with the factory roof rails, but if you’re planning on putting anything of substantial weight up there I’d either pop for a Yakima crossbar setup, or add additional factory rails for stability. As I said I still have my setup and don’t need it any longer, just haven’t gotten around to listing it for sale. Hit me up if you decide to go with the basket, worked great for me.

Do you have any photos of the rack on your truck? I'd love to see that setup.

Make sure you account for the additional height, as a basket will sit fairly high on top of the existing roof rack cross bars. I am sitting at 6'9" with a TJM lift, 33's and Gobi rack. If I had a factory rack and basket, it would be much higher.

Not too worried about height as I just gout out of a F150 with a 6 inch lift and 35s.

The Land Cruiser is on 33s and has an Icon lift.

I think I have a couple on my phone
Not the best photos, but you get the idea. The reason I went with the “Load” with the extension is that it’s narrower side to side than the “Mega”, but more space. I could then put bike or kayak mounts on the Yakima rails on either side of the basket.

341F6832-F829-4CB5-A97E-7CFFCE051F31.jpeg

83A6B414-1921-4051-953E-E2707842CCCB.jpeg

Baja Rack Mega Mule looks much nicer in my opinion. Sits lower and look closer to a real type of rack. I’m in Phoenix if your interested I’d be open to selling mine as I’d like to upgrade to a full flat rack

1E2AB552-52ED-49DD-A551-B67FD880AE1D.jpeg

C3FCF8EE-7A1E-4BD4-8DC8-86967FA33C78.jpeg

That Baja Rack Mega Mule looks much better. Would be really cool with some fabrication that ties it directly to the side rails for a more integrated look. Wouldn't be too hard either in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom