4x4 ride on the west mesa this Saturday, 6/23/18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any interest in doing some wheeling this Sat, 6/23/18? I can lead a ride of the West Mesa , west of Rio Rancho. Lots of roads and arroyos out there. Since it will get hot, I was thinking of going about 9:00 am and finishing about 1:00 pm or so. We could go to the Freight House or Kactus Microbrewery in Bernalillo, NM for a lunch afterwards, if anybody wants.
I have lead many rides with NM4W in the last 10 years, and have been out on the west mesa. Depending on interest, I could also post this ride on the NM4W website, also. Might get a few takers. ( or not, your call, since I am new to this group)
I would have folks meet up at the Home Depot parking lot on Hwy 550, just west of Bernalillo, and Hwy 528 at about 8:30 am.
Late idea, but we could get some wheeling somewhere, since all the forests are closed.
Jeff Boggs

Last edited:
I just posted this on the NM4W website. Not sure if anybody will sign up, this late, but anybody is welcome.We will be at Home Depot about 8:15 am and hang out until 9:00 am. If no one shows up, we will head home. Rugged dirt roads, arroyos, sand, hill climbs, and more sand, some low range may be needed.

Maybe. I think my 40 needs exercise.

I'm a member of the NM4W and feel that they do a good job supporting or pastime. If anybody has a desire to become a member of that club this trail ride would go towards the point system used to add members. Of course, if you didn't want to join it is just a trail ride.

Hope Jeff doesn't mind me putting him on the spot like this.

Not at all. I really like both groups and I will lead rides with both groups. Combining them sometimes. There are all brands of 4x4's in NM4W .
Hopefully, the mountains will open up later this summer, so we can get up there. NM4W's website has a calendar that rides are posted on for visitors to watch . Keep an eye on that area. Right now, the Calendar is rather empty, because most summer rides are in the Jemez, sadly closed right now. I was going to put new front shocks on my 80 this weekend, but they will not show up until next week, so I thought about getting out on the dirt.We live in Rio Rancho, so this is close for us.

Hmmm I may be game. I’d hate to miss @pappy actually using his 40!

I'll miss it. My son is enrolled in the state OHV safety class that day. have fun!

Sounds like pappy's 40 doesn't get out too much. Hope to see it this Sat. No curbs where we are going!!
Got 3 4x4's going so far. 2 Jeeps and our Cruiser. Not too late to reserve a spot in line. Let me know.

The Middle of Nowhere is Underrated

Last edited:
If I can get my $%& together I'll be there
Probably towing the 4Runner

EDIT: If anyone wants to ride along, let me know @OkiCruiser

Expecting 5 rigs. This will be an easy 4x4 ride, but lots of ups and downs. tight turns and good views of the Sandias. Arroyos and hills. some play areas. I will check this tread in the A.M. if there are any questions, or last minute sign ups. See everybody on Sat.

If I can get my $%& together I'll be there
Probably towing the 4Runner

EDIT: If anyone wants to ride along, let me know @OkiCruiser

@Dumpolina Count me in as a solid maybe. Working tonight (yaaay) so if I get outta here at a reasonable-ish time, I’m in. I can compensate with coffee in the morning. The Cruiser needs a good workout.

gonna be a fun day. See you all at Home Depot, hwy 550.

I went out with the NM4W once a few years ago. Good people. I know Ali hangs out with them occasionally. My problem is not having enough free time to even go to breakfast with this club. Plus, you have to suppress your Toyota snobbery when hanging out with the NM4W crew.

Had a good ride today on the west mesa just west of far north Rio Rancho. We met up at the Home Depot on Hwy 550. Had 2 Jeeps and 5 toyotas. We played nice together the whole ride. Is this a great country or what?

We will post some pics real soon, here and on the NM4W website.
Two things happened, Pigs can fly, and Jon was out there in his very nice 1969 40. That rig works well on the trail. Charlie and Lauren were there , in their HZJ77, Grant in his 4Runner . Neville in his 1998 Land Cruiser. Jeff and Paula were leading in their 96 80.
Tight trails. lots of loose sand . hill climbs, arroyos, one getting too narrow , so we had to back out. No mechanicals. Ended up at the Kactus Brewery , in Bernalillo and had a nice meal and a good visit.
Thanks to all and we will do another ride later.

I only took one pic.

20180623_093922_sm.jpg

For some reason my GPS uploaded to Garmin Connect, then sent the track to Relive. Kinda cool, but I didn't expect it. Enjoy. Put it in full screen mode.

Relive 'Morning Jun 23rd'

F2FA3BB2-F456-415C-83A6-0B6B601B0BB2.jpeg
FEAAC94A-E3CC-4F54-9389-14DA3D4952A9.jpeg
B3130C2D-99D4-4336-B2A5-EFAFAA5712EB.jpeg
EF81A95A-7C6F-4970-91CF-D99947FDB863.jpeg
12958C48-3534-4133-AEB1-11D117368AAC.jpeg
Jeff thanks for organizing and leading this! Fun easy day in a place I’ve never seen before! Charlie your rig is so sweeeet!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom