After Wipe-Out on Lippincott Building NEW Jeep Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last month I trashed my rather flimsy trailer on the infamous Lippincott Mine Road so I'm building a more sturdy replacement.
For $30, I got an old trailer with rotten bodywork and bad wheel bearings and rotten tires and a 2 5/15th inch ball tow bar rated 60,000LB! The tow bar weighed more than everything else and the empty tongue weight was 150 lb!
Tow bar is off (anyone want it?) and new bearings and tires on today.
I'll keep the build progress
Lippincott Wipe-Out.jpg
80K Tow Bar.jpg
Jeep Trailer Base.jpg
updated.

Here is a short video of my building the replacement trailer.

The original trailer was built on a cheap weak frame and had choses small wheels. If you know the Lippincott Mine Road in Death Valley, it leads up from the Saline Valley to the Racetrack Playa, you know it is one of the most demanding and scary trails that hug a mountainside. Last time I went it had been graded and improved somewhat but there are areas where it requires getting very close to the edge of the drop off. In my case the weak trailer fell off a rock and broke the main tow beam at the axel. It was late in the day and we were to camp at the Playa so we loaded the necessities into the truck and carried on and in the morning we went back to recover the wreckage. I strapped the trailer back together with it empty, all its load in the truck, we could pull it out of the park. On the way home it was breaking up again so I gave it away to guy in Adelanto who we met on the 395.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom