Replacing gauge cluster, how to adjust odometer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Search for it. It's here.

There is one on here that a guy disassembles the entire thing and shows part of it and how it's reset. Technically, it's illegal to re-set an odometer, however, you're trying to take it to what is shown.

The guy that did it said he would send info to those that PM him for answers, but didn't want to post it publicly.

Look for a thread with pics on a gauge cluster completely disassembled and it shows two sets of odometers side by side that match.

Search:
odometer
speedometer broke

Made it to here, still searching

20180623_174412_HDR_resized.jpg

I just left mine as a new speedo unit...zero miles.
2017-11-03 17.59.44_preview.jpeg

I've had luck in situations like this, where a replacement speedo needed to match the actual vehicle mileage, with pushing the number you want to change down the shaft away from the gear that drives the number. If there is enough slack you can get the number to freewheel essentially and rotate it to where you want it to go without any damage. There are a few more details to attend to to avoid improperly aligned/indexed numbers but as I recall it's pretty straightforward. This method is much easier than pulling the shaft and then trying to get it all back together after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom