Hood scoop pics! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, I need a hood scoop for my supercharger install. Please post any pictures of yours or recommendations of ones that you have seen. Thank you

I test fit a WRX scoop on my old 40th and think it's a logical choice if you can't source the Aussie one or don't wnat to do the 4Runner retro fit and the associated body work...

an old thread, but it has good pics.... I was looking at it jsut in case I ever find a unicorn Sc'er or the Turbo kit is avail ......

Hood scoops

:hillbilly: homemade :eek:

20160906_181901-jpg.1318028

20160906_181915-jpg.1318030

Hood scoop or snorkle? which wins?

I test fit a WRX scoop on my old 40th and think it's a logical choice if you can't source the Aussie one or don't wnat to do the 4Runner retro fit and the associated body work...

an old thread, but it has good pics.... I was looking at it jsut in case I ever find a unicorn Sc'er or the Turbo kit is avail ......

Hood scoops
Do you think just on eBay to purchase a wrx scoop?

@Heckraiser very cool!!!!! is there any issues with rain? also is that an ariel atom in the background?

Hood scoops
What year WRX?

I have a subaru scoop that sat above my (former) intercooler.
SAM_0445.JPG

I really like the looks of this. What did you build the scoop out of?

I have an STi scoop (ebay) that I plan to put on mine middle center over an IC for my 91 6BT (that year did not come with intercooler, just a crossover pipe) but I really like how simple but good looking that is. I might have to rethink things...

Scoop is fiberglass mounted directly to intercooler, then you cut a hole in your hood to shut the hood with the scoop sticking out. It is totally redneck, and I wouldn't do it again, but it was fun to annoy the neighbors and worked great :hillbilly:

No problem with rain, just made the intercooler more intercoolery. For a while I just had a hole in the hood and had the truck parked through multiple rain/snow events--didn't get anything important wet.

p.s. car in background is buddy's homemade race car--not an atom, but looks pretty similar.

In the hot rod community, Trackspec makes some great hood vents. They just added a new “FJ80” application under their Trailspec brand. Haven’t seen them installed yet, but sure is nice to finally have a proper Land Cruiser option for hood vents.

Toyota FJ80 Landcruiser Hood Louvers

They also have a more expensive option that includes side vents along with the center vent.

In the hot rod community, Trackspec makes some great hood vents. They just added a new “FJ80” application under their Trailspec brand. Haven’t seen them installed yet, but sure is nice to finally have a proper Land Cruiser option for hood vents.

They also have a more expensive option that includes side vents along with the center vent.
Thanks for that, I wonder if it gives any more clearance, there is no phone number on there to call and talk to someone

I don't know why you say rednecky, I really like this setup. For what it was it was awesome. The Intercooler isn't sitting on top of the hot engine and it is getting plenty of air. What's not to like?? :)

Ill post it up once installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom