Windrock in an 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello I have been on mud for a little over a year. I must say that with out the group here on mud and the guys from my local TLCA chaper the Bayou State Land Cruiser Association this trip would not be possible. I'm taking the family on a 10 day long trip from here in south Louisiana to the the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. I have put aside 2 days at windrock. I have a cabin there july 2 and 3. I'm looking for recommendations on trials to run. I'll be in a triple locked 80 on 33 inches m/t . I have a winch ,sliders and skid plates . not trying to do anything crazy (i still have to drive home) but looking to have a good time. also is anything eles i need to see let me know.

I'd start with trail 2 to get a feel for how the trails are "rated". I grew up on that mountain.... long before trails were marked and named. It's a great piece of property. For sure take the kids up tothe windmills. Enjoy!

Too long since ive been to name trails but there are plenty of trails to enjoy. The western side of park is more overlandish with good drives and awesome views. Hopefully they are not still charding more to access this section as the park gets spendy with passengers :/

was down there last month, had a great time. we were there a week and didn't see it all but, were all over the place. windmill is a good run. also, from top of trail 2 take g1 north to trail 50 north to the end then up to trail 60 south which will take you back to trail 50 again. get a map at the trail head store. I would stick to the green and blue trails unless you don't mind some damage.

IMG_20180515_114440335_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180519_122052761_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180517_160932069_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom