FST plastic window - remove bottom metal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

oregon fj

Serial rescuer of old vehicles
Threads
As I continue to prepare for painting my '64 FST, I've started stripping the doors to their component pieces. The first one is complete—except for the bottom metal channel on the window plexiglas. I've removed the 2 little screws that go through the channel and window and attach the "handle", but the channel doesn't seem to want to move.

I'm assuming that the channel is just a press fit on the plexiglas, as I don't think you'd want adhesives on the plastic.

Any tips for getting that channel off? I do want to save the plexiglas if possible, it has the cool "Perspex" brand on it.

I remember when I dissasembled mine those pieces were tight. I took a piece of wood and hammer to lightly tap them off. Going back and forth from one end to the other. Didn't do and damage to the windows but ended up replacing them anyways. No matter how much I cut, buffed and polished them they were still very scratched and cloudy.

Ended up getting replacements from @cruiserloser

That's what I figured. But I didn't want to start applying force until I knew there was no adhesive or other prep needed. Thanks, @S4Cruiser !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom