Wanted 79-83 Toyota Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking for a 1979-1983 pickup for restoration, not too concerned about interior or engine, but excessive rust or dents are a non starter. I keep running in to guys with what I'm looking for, but they "don't have a title". I understand in some states you don't need one, but in mine (Mississippi), you do, so that's a hard pass. Wanting to do a pretty good restoration with an Ivan Stewart paint job. Thanks guys.

Found one close by. 1980, perfect body, interior refurbished but looks a little amateurish. Chevy 350 engine. Might look in to an engine/transmission swap sometime in the future, but it's okay for now.

IMG_5442.JPG

Thanks man, yeah. i'd prefer an 22r, but this one was close and the price was pretty good. It has some overheating issues, but man does it have some power.

I'd possibly be willing to part with my 1983 Long Box for the right price. I DONT want to sell it at all because I was planning to do a full restoration but I decided it was a good idea to get married and buy a new house within the next 6 months... so the cash would be nice if it was the right number. The truck came from Alaska to Southern Missouri in the summer of 2016 where it was then purchased by a Toyota collector in Oklahoma in Jan of 2017 and placed in controlled storage until I purchased it at the beginning of Summer 2018. Roughly 4000 miles have been added to it since it was brought from Alaska, 1000k of those miles have been added by me. I'm planning to winterize and store it in my garage for the ENTIRE winter since Nebraska winters absolutely destroy cars.

• 1983 Toyota Pickup Long Box
  • Minimal rust on bed, hood, exhaust, and small rust spot on firewall behind VIN plate
  • 64k original miles
  • 22r 2.4 motor
  • 5-Speed Manual Tranny
  • NO A/C (was not ordered with AC - vehicle special ordered as a truck bed camper hauler for a guy in Alaska)
  • Dual Shocks front and rear
  • Working Air Shocks in rear with fill valve ports in rear bumper
  • Truck was originally a camper hauler so it was outfitted with extra suspension
  • New Carb and other parts documented
  • Comes with the original cab visor and step sides installed by dealer in '83
  • Other than the dealer-installed camper options (dual shocks, air shocks, visor, camper tie-down plates, and running boards) the truck is 100% stock engine and body.

Make an offer if interested - 402-570-3646 Lincoln, NE

Also, did you see the 1983 Toyota Pickup that went for $50,000 at Barrett Jackson last week?

IMG_6930.jpeg

IMG_6932.jpeg

IMG_6940.jpeg

IMG_6946.jpeg

I'd possibly be willing to part with my 1983 Long Box for the right price. I DONT want to sell it at all because I was planning to do a full restoration but I decided it was a good idea to get married and buy a new house within the next 6 months... so the cash would be nice if it was the right number. The truck came from Alaska to Southern Missouri in the summer of 2016 where it was then purchased by a Toyota collector in Oklahoma in Jan of 2017 and placed in controlled storage until I purchased it at the beginning of Summer 2018. Roughly 4000 miles have been added to it since it was brought from Alaska, 1000k of those miles have been added by me. I'm planning to winterize and store it in my garage for the ENTIRE winter since Nebraska winters absolutely destroy cars.

• 1983 Toyota Pickup Long Box
  • Minimal rust on bed, hood, exhaust, and small rust spot on firewall behind VIN plate
  • 64k original miles
  • 22r 2.4 motor
  • 5-Speed Manual Tranny
  • NO A/C (was not ordered with AC - vehicle special ordered as a truck bed camper hauler for a guy in Alaska)
  • Dual Shocks front and rear
  • Working Air Shocks in rear with fill valve ports in rear bumper
  • Truck was originally a camper hauler so it was outfitted with extra suspension
  • New Carb and other parts documented
  • Comes with the original cab visor and step sides installed by dealer in '83
  • Other than the dealer-installed camper options (dual shocks, air shocks, visor, camper tie-down plates, and running boards) the truck is 100% stock engine and body.

Make an offer if interested - 402-570-3646 Lincoln, NE

Also, did you see the 1983 Toyota Pickup that went for $50,000 at Barrett Jackson last week?

View attachment 1801122

View attachment 1801123

View attachment 1801124

View attachment 1801125
Man, your truck is awesome. I already bought one, but I would have definitely been interested in yours. I hope you restore it and post pics. Good luck. I did see the barrett jackson one. Incredible. But $50,000? Lot of money for a toy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom