Window Runners; What’s the trick? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Holy s*** Batman. This photo is of me holding it the channel backward to show it CANT go this way. The other that you pointed out w/ the threads backward is the same.
Thanks “sweet person attempting to jump in too late in the thread w/o reading further back first” but yeah your right as was I when I was trying to prove that MY channel be lined up because of those two facts.

View attachment 1727104

Batman, never been called that before. The trouble with the peanut gallery, we’ve all done this type of repair or replacement but not had the interference you were referencing, so the easy assumption is something didn’t go back in the right sequence.

I agree. It’s pretty freaking absurd the problem this side is causing me.

But a different door? This is a 4 page thread!!!! :bounce:

In your first post you mention installing the regulator with the window high in the door. This seems opposite of what I did. Install the regulator and roll it down. Slide the window down in the door near the bottom where you can attach the screws that hold the glass channel to the regulator. Then roll the window up. Keep the adjustment screw the one with the slot.. loose. When you get the window to the top do the measurements and tighten the screw in the slot. If it binds going down, roll it up and try again.

...not sure if this is possible but is there anyway the teeth got off? I remember my C shaped piece with the teeth being almost all the way under the crank of the regulator when installing. I guess the easy way to check this is put the regulator in w/out the window and just go up and down and make sure you have full throw. Another though is to take out the run rubber and go up and down with the window glass in to confirm that the window glass is binding on the rubber in the run and its not something else grabbing it. It is easy to reinstall the rubber runs.

The glass channel is most likely not holding tight. The inner side that presses to the rubber is very thin and rusted and can’t crimp.
I put together a long reservoir to stick the channel in some Evaporist. Not much it will do w/o building up that side of it but I figured I might as well do it.
And yeah, 4 pages of stoopid.

A6F8BFD3-AC49-43DC-BEA4-A7E55648496C.jpeg

Hey Felicity, I have to apologize for my dick statement. I thought it would be funny but it’s been bugging me ever since I posted. Please accept my apology! I feel bad that I can’t help, the window is always a pain and I can’t really visualize what you are doing. I wish I could help.

Hey Felicity, I have to apologize for my dick statement. I thought it would be funny but it’s been bugging me ever since I posted. Please accept my apology! I feel bad that I can’t help, the window is always a pain and I can’t really visualize what you are doing. I wish I could help.
Thanks. In all honestly it’s as stoopid to me as it is to you guys.

Looks like the window, w the channel still attached, maybe got dropped to the bottom of the door, bending the tabs out a bit. Then trying to use what was "original" bend, it is now tipping as soon as it starts binding in the guides, instead of picking up the bend in the glass to track around that.

would try bending the bolt tabs in to fit so square bottom of glass channel sits on top of regulator bar, and checking the hinge side guide.(but i seem to recall it does have a factory bend to it too.)Maybe it got bent, If it is out of whack, it could be pushing the glass in the front (lock) guide to bind, and hit that mount.

What a pita....

edit:

You know, it looks like if you just hacksaw off some of that extra channel, it would clear the handle mount....

I always try to read Felicity’s threads as it’s usually a issue I’ve either had or will have, except rust thank God. So if it takes 10 pages so be it.

While my kid napped I cut and bent a stretch of metal plate to fit and cover the rusted section of the glass channel. You all know when someone says ‘dont’ I will.
I’ve yet to attach the regulator to it and take those measurements (which I’ll be honest, I think is bs) but the rubber is in the channel and pressed up onto the glass and far more snug then it was before.
I’ve got some hand pain issues I’ve been dealing w/ so for now I need to let meds kick in and make dinner then maybe I can steal 20 mins afterward.

DB35D199-B695-4378-88B5-39945E86A4C9.jpeg

F09C3F5D-9C1D-492E-B1B7-A9936BC7F384.jpeg

184F9295-04D9-4B97-B49A-7F9C967C961C.jpeg

EC7C0F19-32EC-4978-8B3F-39CA8652AC77.jpeg

04C86D4B-873A-46E7-90E4-AD4155F80B39.jpeg

If it’s crap I’ll be contacting @CenTXFJ60 if has one he can steal from one of the trucks he has out to pasture.

I'll give you a front passenger door window complete with attached glass channel came out of a 62 door if you need it. Free. You have to help with the shipping from VA. And you have to give me instructions on how to pack it so it doesn't break.

I def don’t want the glass nor the stress of it being shipped. I’ll luk @g-man. I can’t get to the truck now. My 5 year old is the neediest child ever lately. There’s no doing much on the truck when he’s awake.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom