Emu Wing install question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m in the 24 hour wait on my Emu Wings install and I have a question about finishing up. Everything went great on the removal of my old windows with the help of my daughter, with the exception Of the two top nuts holding the window strip on.

C8CB7916-46DE-406E-855C-63484808A153.jpeg

CF88B874-9331-495C-A70B-D721C2024AB6.jpeg

On the first one... well I didn’t realize what a pain it was to get it out of the hole without dropping it into the netherworld.
Well, I dropped it into the netherworld. :)

I said to myself... don’t do that again. Well. The damn nut fell into the body somewhere on the second window too. Grrrrr, i’m An idiot.

This brings me to my question. What do you do with the four holes where the front black part of the original window attach through the body? How did you fill them?

Thanks in advance. Here is where I am...

IMG_4428.jpg

Well, actually both sides are curing :)

Last edited:
I’m in the 24 hour wait on my Emu Wings install and I have a question about finishing up. Everything went great on the removal of my old windows with the help of my daughter, with the exception Of the two top nuts holding the window strip on.

View attachment 1727254

View attachment 1727260

On the first one... well I didn’t realize what a pain it was to get it out of the hole without dropping it into the netherworld.
Well, I dropped it into the netherworld. :)

I said to myself... don’t do that again. Well. The damn nut fell into the body somewhere on the second window too. Grrrrr, i’m An idiot.

This brings me to my question. What do you do with the four holes where the front black part of the original window attach through the body? How did you fill them?

Thanks in advance. Here is where I am...

View attachment 1727297

Well, actually both sides are curing :)
There should be two pieces of adhesive tape in the kit. If not, just cover it with duct tape

Can you put a couple of plastic plugs and put some rtv to make sure is sealed tight?

A.J

There should be two pieces of adhesive tape in the kit. If not, just cover it with duct tape

LOL... so it seams I didn’t get page 5 of the install PDF sent with my wings. That is the page that says use tape....

I must have read that thing 20 times looking for an answer.

That said.... tape to fill exterior holes. Is this a KLR?

Nothing to add except "LOL!"
I’m glad someone got the reference... I thought that may be a swing and a miss over here. :)

]Ok... so 37 hours after the first bolt being removed on Stelah, both of my emu wings are installed. So you know, 24 hours of that was the curing time on the glue and then another 10 hours for sleep or waiting for the rain to stop/

I still have to put the interior back and trim some of the trim, but I am doing other projects while everything is out. Right now I have to wait another 24 hours for the weatherstripping to cure so the win’gs are closed.

One thing I will say is that sticker crap isn’t gunna work for me. Lol. I am putting epoxy in the hole and then I’m going to paint it. This is a much better solution as I can’t see a reason to ever go back to windows.

55136993859__B18542D2-1C7A-4F45-9BD2-4C3F0D10D710.JPG.jpeg
BFD151D9-C156-4208-AF55-80EB658CA6DA.jpeg
4903D56A-6788-400D-AFAE-9DB202F7E5C7.jpeg

Last edited:
Boca resident here! I'd love to check out those wings once you have the install complete.

Just let me know when you're up in Orlando and you can stop by. I already love them and it was worth the money.

I wish I had some help doing mine!! I started mine Yesterday afternoon and just finished the drivers side. It's now closed and waiting 24hrs. Trying to adjust and push the panel inwards and tighten the stupid 7mm nut and 7mm bolt....I need 4 hands!! I will definitely get some help for the passenger side. Now I'm in a "sticky" situation: Being that I only did the one side, now my tube of Sikaflex 291 adhesive is drying out. I went all over trying to find another screw on nozzle, but everything out there has its own nozzle. So now, I may have to buy another tube of something similar. One thing I will add here is the instructions I received from Emu Wing absolutely stunk. For a product that is pretty well thought out, they definitely need some help in writing instructions, their website, and making instructional videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom