Vibration driving me crazy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Drove through water going 30 to 40 mph...now I have a vibration when I hit 60-70mph...I've had tires balanced and rotated twice, greased driveline and when that didn't work dropped it off at shop...they checked all u joints, both driveshafts couldn't find anything...they stumped, told me they can't find anything wrong...
help????

Wheel alignment? Highly likely and a cheap and easy fix.

How deep was the water? Any why 30-40mph? If it was deep water you may have gotten water in your differentials.

Make sure your lug nuts are tight. Maybe loosened up a tie rod end that was going bad? Driveshaft out of balance? Lost a wheel weight so balance is off?

Pouring down rain didn't see water, had tires rotated and balanced twice yesterday... definitely going do alignment next

Kind of a long shot, but could water have gotten into either drive shaft tube? That would certainly cause a vibration at speed.

Another thing to check is wheel bearings and rear axle bearings, a worn seal letting water in bearings will take them out pretty fast.
Check the temperature of hubs after driving on freeway, should be around a 100 if you haven't used brakes much.

Removed grease zerks on both front and rear drive shafts before driving home from shop this morning...zero vibration 0-90...thinking I hydrolock one or both drive shafts

Removed grease zerks on both front and rear drive shafts before driving home from shop this morning...zero vibration 0-90...thinking I hydrolock one or both drive shafts

Easy enough. Load them up with grease and be on your way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom