SOLD LHD BJ75 Troopy--Sale Pending (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Because I've had several people contact me about "where did you get your Troopy?" and "Can you get one for me?", I decided to bring in another one and try to sell it. This one's a left hand drive model from Europe, BJ75, so has the 3B motor + H55 transmission, a little over 150k miles on it. Condition per photos. Does have some rust in a couple places, but replacement panels are readily available. The front seats are not original, but present fairly well. Rear interior is completely empty. It's currently located near Fresno CA. Asking $22,000 for it with Colorado Title in my name, less if the buyer wants to deal with the paperwork themselves. I have all the necessary documentation from the import process and will provide it to the buyer. Please check with your local motor vehicle registration department as not all states have the same requirements. Many more photos available, but I have a really slow connection here so they're taking forever to load. PM if you're interested. Happy to answer any questions, and/or arrange viewing.

IMG_5398.JPG

IMG_5412.JPG

IMG_5428.JPG

I bought my Troopy from gilmorneau at Thanksgiving. He’s a standup guy and did everything he said he would do. Very happy with my purchase and it was an easy experience.

Thanks for the kind words, umpqua! I'm lovin' what you're doing to the Troopy I sold you at Thanksgiving!!
I thought I had a buyer for this one, but he's gotten cold feet, so, bump, I guess. lol...

Gilmorneau - nice troopy! I also met umpqua and saw the troopy you sold him. It was the day they were getting ready to cut the hole in the top. That is going to be a great rig!

Have you by chance ran across any HJ61s that you would be willing to bring in?

Cheers!

Bump for update: As mentioned in the ad, the car is currently near Fresno, CA, but in the coming weeks I'll be transporting it to my home in Colorado. When I get it there, I'll go ahead and get a Colorado title for it, which involves VIN verification, emissions test, a ton of paperwork, and paying a bunch of fees and taxes. Once I do all that, I won't have as much flexibility on the price--just fair notice to any interested parties. I've had literally thousands of page views both here and on eBay, and lots of interest, but still waiting for someone to pull the trigger.

Well...I'm not a California resident anymore (only lived there from 1967-1984), so I can't help you with that. I see mixed results on the forums about how successful people in CA are when trying to register foreign-market cars. Seems the best approach is to get one that's been previously registered in another state, then transfer it to CA, but even with that the rules seem to be in flux (and maybe a bit capricious).

I do know I can and will get a Colorado Title, in my name, on the same day I go into the DMV back home, no problem, as long as I have all the necessary paperwork with me. Colorado publishes a list of what you need, all of which is ordinary stuff you will have if you've imported a car. it includes the import documents, EPA and NHTSA compliance forms, an English translation of the original Title and Bill of Sale, VIN verification, emission test, and maybe a few other things I'm forgetting but know I have. Done it before. Easy peasy. Once I have the Title, anyone in any other state (barring, perhaps, CA?) should be able to register it no problem.

Easy enough to get a title once I get it to Colorado, but it’s turning out to be a PITA to get it transported. I’ve got all sorts of unexpected goings on in life just now. Gonna try big price drop and see if anyone bites. $19000, includes copies of all relevant import docs, and any required assistance with registration, but does not include CO title. Anyone interested please PM. Thanks!

Easy enough to get a title once I get it to Colorado, but it’s turning out to be a PITA to get it transported. I’ve got all sorts of unexpected goings on in life just now. Gonna try big price drop and see if anyone bites. $19000, includes copies of all relevant import docs, and any required assistance with registration, but does not include CO title. Anyone interested please PM. Thanks!

Why would it be hard to transport? We got a great guy in the business here on mud. He is reasonable price wise, solid, does what he says and gets trucks moved around without long wait times.

Great experience with Summit Auto Transport!

Cheers

The PITA to transport revolves mostly around things going on in my life other than Landcruisers (caring for elderly parent with health problems), but I appreciate the referral to Summit Auto Transport--I'll give them a shout and see how their service and prices compare to what I've been doing. Thanks for that.

Since I'm on here, I'll give a little update. The Troopy's still available, and PITA or not, one way or another I'm going to get it to CO so I can get it titled. I already got a temp registration for it, but to get the permanent one I need to have it physically in CO for diesel emissions test and VIN verification. Hoping to get all that taken care of in the next couple weeks.

Hi Steve, good seeing you last week and talking Troopies. Amazing that we could stand on a sidewalk looking at a truck for over 3 hours.

Bump for update: Arrangements have finally been made to transport this car to Colorado--supposed to happen July 5th. Once here, it will be titled and registered, so easy for anyone (except maybe CA residents) to buy and register at home. Price drop to $18,000. thanks!

Hey bud
Can you shoot some pics of back interior?
Can you put a roof rack or spare tire carrier anywhere?
Thanks. I just sold my hj47 so I’m in the market
J
727-514-2259

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom