Builds Toyota HZJ75 Troopy interior build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some more progress, furniture is done! Now time for the electrics & heating

IMG_3692[1].JPG
IMG_3694[1].JPG
SWKY7551[1].jpg
IMG_3703[1].JPG

Two question for you guys:
1) How do you boil water for a quick coffee on the road? I was planning to use a small electric kettle. But these little bastards are all rated at 750W+ but my inverter is a modest 300W. Lighting the stove seems like such a hassle, but upgrading to a 1000W inverter an overkill. Options?

2) Have you HZJ75 people out there kept the 24V car voltage for household power or stepped down to 12V?
The previous owner built a system with two household batteries which are charged through the altenator and/or solar panels, controlled by a battery isolator and a solar charge MPPT. Power users in the back are an Engel fridge 12/24v, a couple of LED lights, a few USB charge points, a Shurflo pump, Eberspacher diesel heater, (an electric kettle?) and a 300W pure inverter for 230V output.

I use my coffee machine :)

canopy kitchen 1.jpg

Looks great. How are you securing the assembly to the Troopy? Just bolting straight through the body? Or using the rear seat mounts?

I've put about 10 blind rivet nuts through the body floor and will be bolting the cabinets through the profiles into these. Initially I put a few rivet nuts into the side walls, but this deforms the cabinets too much.

Nice job Paul.
Very clean , and logic .
A little bit more and your almost :)

Bye Renago
Lets see who finishes first :), but I have a hard deadline on august 1st when our trip will start, so the pressure is on!

Advice question: how do you guys fix stuff to checkered plate roofs?

I have an aluminium Zarges box for my tools, bbq & recovery equipment which I want to fix on the roof. Considering theft, security etc., I was thinking of bolts through the box and the roof. This keeps the box removable (needed when the car is containerised during transport) and hooligan-proof. However I'm not too keen on the idea to drill four M10 holes in my roof.

Better ideas?

If I do go for the bolts - how do you properly waterproof these?

Nice job Paul.
Very clean , and logic .
A little bit more and your almost there

If you see my car .....
It is still empty .
But hopefully in 2 weeks , I should be there .
We will see...

Bye Renago

I would bolt down the Zega boxes with the nut inside the box .
Using if possible Torx, with the center pin , stainless steel .
Pls use also thread lock, medium .
A bit tough to unscrew , but you won't have any problems in tighing bolts and screws along the way.
Vibration are terrible .
For Water , use a bit of silicon out and inside .

Bye Renago

I have bolted a wooden floor to the car floor .
Always using threaded rivets , 6 ma.
And bolted the cabinets to,the wooden floor .
Never a problem.
In this way you have a flat and pleasant surface , instead of a ribbed steel floor.

Just my 2 cents

Bye

Congratulation Paul .
Nice job , and you finished 1-2 weeks before me :)
We would like to receive news and photos from you journey.
Pls post :bounce:

Bye Renago

nice troopy! is your fold down step bought or built? I need to buy or make one of those... could you take some photos of how its attached and the angles folded up?

It's actually the ONLY LandRover part on the car Works perfectly and is pretty cheap (£30 including shipping). We usually keep in folded down, but in the folded up position the doors can still open and close. Had to drill some holes in the bumper for fixing it in position.

It's actually the ONLY LandRover part on the car Works perfectly and is pretty cheap (£30 including shipping). We usually keep in folded down, but in the folded up position the doors can still open and close. Had to drill some holes in the bumper for fixing it in position.
cheers! I found it. looks like it will work well enough. i think the toyota gods will forgive us given they didn't make one themselves and because the part doesn't leak oil or cripple the vehicle when it breaks :)

Great set up. Are you using the area behind the cabinets in the rear quarter panels for anything? Lots of empty space usually unused by most.

Great set up. Are you using the area behind the cabinets in the rear quarter panels for anything? Lots of empty space usually unused by most.

Yes its full with spares and tools I hopefully won't be needing for the next few months. The cabinets come out quick enough if I do need access to them

That's great, smartly built truck.

nice troopy! is your fold down step bought or built? I need to buy or make one of those... could you take some photos of how its attached and the angles folded up?
Step Rhino 2.jpg
Step Rhino.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom