Moab before Solid Axel Summit (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last year we had some cruisers come to Moab before SAS, it was a lot of fun and got to meet some nice people. This year we are doing the same thing. We will be wheeling Friday, Saturday and Sunday before SAS. Monday can be a travel day, we can all cruise up from Moab to Ouray together if you guys want to. I will try to find a big area in the desert where we can group camp. If you want to get a hotel that's cool. This will not be an organized event, just random people who end up wheeling on the same trail and camp at the same spot.

I'm in!

I'm in...and the wife, Maureen.

Wanting too need to move some stuff around first

Would like more info. Traveling from Amarillo to gallop nm then north to Cortez might try and catch four corners then slickrock and on into Norwood co. Kind of a bit out of the way but going to see my aunt. Then we’re going to ouray at some point. Let me know when and road and we’ll try and meet up with y’all if that’s ok.

We are going to be wheeling Friday, Saturday and Sunday before the summit. I will let you know what trails we are running.

Last edited:
My plan is for me & Maureen to get to Moab Friday evening, camp out or motel, don't know which yet. Wheel with everyone Saturday & Sunday, then caravan over to Ouray with everyone on Monday & set up the tent for SAS.

See you at the brewery friday evening.
My plan is for me & Maureen to get to Moab Friday evening, camp out or motel, don't know which yet. Wheel with everyone Saturday & Sunday, then caravan over to Ouray with everyone on Monday & set up the tent for SAS.

See you at the brewery friday evening.

Friday evening for sure. We'll be there, hopefully James @EasternYeti will be able to get that far by Friday also...and Mcquire, and Yackster, and Darrel, and...
John

Last edited:
Just noticed this. I will work on my gotta do's to try to make this happen. Never been to Moab but sure would love it. If you guys don't mind dealing with a new guy that'd be great. I'm scrambling as it is to get my 80 ready to go but going good so far.

Come on down. You can give your 80 a pre work out before SAS.

Most trails have bypasses for the harder sections. We will probably do some more stocker friendly trails with harder options. We don't want to break our stuff before SAS.

I was thinking about hauling my rtt on my Canadian m101 rather than on the roof only because I wasn't so crazy about the added weight so high last time in the San Juans (and I didn't do Black bear for lack of time).

Should I not haul the trailer if I go to Moab first? Trailer is good for parking and leaving set up but Moab will be moving each day right?

Opinions much appreciated

Here's my plan and you're more than welcome to join Maureen & I. We will arrive Friday pm, meet everyone @ the Brewery and spend Friday only at the Hotel Moab Downtown. Wheel Sat/Sun but tent camp both nights up and in the Lasals as suggested by Jason. He said it was @ 8k feet so it will be cooler than in town.

And if anyone else would like to join us, please do. The more the better.

John

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Getting ready for Moab on Friday 8/3. Almost packed believe it or not. Hope to see a bunch of you Friday @ the brewery.

Should be rolling into town mid To late Thursday..... can’t wait never done Moab and looking forward to this grand adventure

Our plan is still the same as in post 17. Little more clear on timing tho. Should arrive in Moab on 8/3 by 2-4 pm, meet up at the Brewery, eat and reintroduce ourselves to everyone. Spend Fri night only in a hotel, wheel with Jason & Monica...and EVERYONE else who would like to join in...on Sat/Sun. Tent camping up in the cool nearby mountains Sat/Sun. Jason is also tent camping and everyone else is WELCOME to join also.

Jake, good looking build, can't wait to see it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom