Auxiliary radiator fan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have an auxiliary radiator fan? If so, Are they beneficial and worth the money, time and effort to install one? My rig is not over heating or anything. Just thinking about it in these extreme hot days to help my A/C to keep up. I just replaced the condenser (which was leaking), pulled down the system, and recharged it. It's working great. Just curious about giving it some extra help. Thanks in advance

I just installed the LCP fan in my 97. Fast shipping and great customer support. Plug and play (almost). Fishing the wires for a clean install took a little longer.

Factory plus 12" spal ..

20170410213759-38b79cbf-me.jpg

I juiced up my stock fan clutch with so 60 k fluid. No need for an electric fan.

I’m running a factory auxiliary fan from a 2nd gen 4Runner in my 94.
I also modified my stock fan clutch. I only use the aux. fan when I am on the trails going slow with the ac on. Nice having when the trails are dusty as all hell and you can roll comfortably with your windows up, ac blasting and engine running cool.

Or stop and go traffic when it’s hitting the triple digits and I wanna keep the ac working more efficiently.

Does anyone have an auxiliary radiator fan? If so, Are they beneficial and worth the money, time and effort to install one? My rig is not over heating or anything. Just thinking about it in these extreme hot days to help my A/C to keep up. I just replaced the condenser (which was leaking), pulled down the system, and recharged it. It's working great. Just curious about giving it some extra help. Thanks in advance

Local dealership tested our Aux fan set up in a AC cool shop they recorded a 5° drop in AC output. My AC output is in the low 40's on 100° days in Arizona regularly.

Local dealership tested our Aux fan set up in a AC cool shop they recorded a 5° drop in AC output. My AC output is in the low 40's on 100° days in Arizona regularly.
yesterday I hopped in my 80 and fired up the fan and the ac was blowing cold in a minute. by the time I got a mile down the road I had to turn the ac blower down. its great to keep the ac cold.

I have a Denso fan that came out of a Camry or some other car that I found in the junkyard. I have the relay set up with a 2 position switch. On with compressor, or I can have it on full time. Works great!!

The LCP setup is probably the best complete setup out there.

Count me in as another happy LCP fan customer.

Took some AC reading while checking out my new MPPT Bluetooth solar controller.

In the direct sun
IMG_7982.JPG

At 6pm Scottsdale temp 102° my temp sensor is on my aluminum CampTeq:eek:

IMG_7986.JPG

Idealing with aux fan on, AC set to med hi and the back gate and hatch open I checked my temps after sitting.

AC output 41.7° With the door open temps started to go up
Water temp 186.8°
Intake temp 134.6°
Snorkel equipped so I normally see intake 10° over outside temp while driving. Higher intake reading from heat soak while sitting.

Cooling mods-
Modded Eaton fan clutch 17.5k CST set at 125°
LCP Aux fan kit - exactly like we sell
All hood seals in place
Radiator to cowl seal
Radiator, condenser, and trans fan freshly cleaned
Additional front air damns on sides of radiator
Toyota red coolant

Not sure exactly how much the aux fan helps but Im pleased with the stats and cool

YMMV

IMG_7988.JPG

Its that time of year a small amount of air flow ill take over zero airflow...Landcruiserphil hooked me up last year....aux fan still going strong
even came with a bag of candies :)

phil, what are you using to read outside air temps? ive been looking into it but I havnt seen anything that I'm willing to mount or everything I seen is all battery powered. I'm looking for something that will run off the lc's battery...
my scan gauge does the intake air its always in the 130+ range with the snorkel but I know its not 120 outside. not that time of year yet...

phil, what are you using to read outside air temps? ive been looking into it but I havnt seen anything that I'm willing to mount or everything I seen is all battery powered. I'm looking for something that will run off the lc's battery...
my scan gauge does the intake air its always in the 130+ range with the snorkel but I know its not 120 outside. not that time of year yet...

Mine is a battery power imported low cost temp gauge with a 3' cord for the outside temp part.

Its funny I have seen other snorkel equipped 80 that have high intake temps with no reason.

I'm amazed how well works AC up there .. ( no humidity ) it's a real miracle I see my vent temps under 50°F ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom