A value question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BB54939F-B515-4679-91E5-0ED7903D8AA0.jpeg
7179DAEF-9D4D-4032-980A-18A20FC9427E.jpeg
considering selling my 71 FJ40

Frame off restoration with powder coated frame
New SBC not even broken in
Rebuilt auto trans
New vintage air
New soft top
New custom front bumper
New battery, alternator, starter, carb, front and rear end, custom exhaust, aux fuel tank, tires
Taurus electric fan

Can’t even remember everything - but almost every bit and bolt new

Body work is not perfect but shines beautifully. Haven’t hooked up 4wd after rebuild. Needs a custom front driveshaft.

Could i get $18,000 in Texas

You may get 18,000 but not restricted to Texas. All original FJ40s command the best price BUT, there are people who want the Restomods. Best bet is to try and see where you land ?

I would get a driveshaft bought and installed. Little lose ends will turn off a lot of buyers. If it’s turn key and as nice as described, I think you’d get close to that. There will be a lot of purists giving you s*** in the meantime, though.

I would get a driveshaft bought and installed. Little lose ends will turn off a lot of buyers. If it’s turn key and as nice as described, I think you’d get close to that. There will be a lot of purists giving you s*** in the meantime, though.
Agreed. Also get a front bumper on there (stock ones are not too much $$). If you want to get good money out of it then it can't look like a project.

That's a sharp truck. Definitely get the 4WD working and bumper. Make it complete.

When I see 'needs a front driveshaft' in a vehicle ad, I assume that it won't fit, the front diff is jacked, the transfer case is shot, etc. May not be true, but that's what I think when I hear that. I think you can easily get 18K, with all the work and A/C, etc. I would start higher, in fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom