IH '76 Terra w/ Nissan Diesel - What Is It Worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Threads
Trying to help a friend sell his Dad's old truck...

1976 Terra (I think, pickup truck like w/ shell). 59k miles. Clean - western slope of CO clean.

Nissan/Chrysler SD33 D diesel, auto tranny, PS, AC, PB.

It looks like '76 was the first year for the Terra? And the diesel engine?

My friend's Dad has passed, he is selling it for his Mom, but doesn't really know what he has.

Wondering what would be the best IH Scout forum to get an idea of value?

Yes 1976 was the first year of the Terra and Traveler, due to 1975 being the last year of the pickup and Travelall. They wanted to still offer something attractive to that market.

Yes 1976 was the first year of the Terra and Traveler, due to 1975 being the last year of the pickup and Travelall. They wanted to still offer something attractive to that market.

Thanks Ed! I will go ahead and post this up on Binder Planet.

Some pictures, b/c everyone loves pictures...

IMG_5511.jpeg
IMG_5515.jpeg
IMG_5538.jpeg
IMG_5534.jpeg

Keep it

its the no turbo variant, IIRC the turbo was not available till 79 or 80. the Diesels are very rare and the travelers in clean shape are rare as well so a clean diesel traveler is like hens teeth..... That said every one wants a scout 800 or pickup mostly the 800's, not a scout II or scout 80 travelall or traveler, just because something is rare does not mean it inherently valuable..... That said to right person 7-10k should be attainable to the right "hippster" looking for that "vintage truck". A collector might pay a bit more just due to the mileage, but To most people 4-6k is going to be about the best your going to get for this. My advice, keep and give it some love, to spruce it up, its only original once and enjoy it.

I have a good firend thats really into the old IH stuff, hes got about 30 of them in parts to running old rigs to decent looking "saved not restored" units. Hes got a 1980 TD terra in a bit rougher shape than yours but will run and drive he cant off load even to the hipsters, they all want v8 scout 800s or a 70's pickup...

I am not sure, unlikely since hes only acquired 1 or 2 of the SD33's in either variant over the years.

That said, parts for the SD33 are very plentiful, you dont need IH specific parts from them. SD33 and SD33T powered the MQ (160) series Patrols though 88 or 89, I think a couple Jeep CJ10's had a SD33 for a couple years in the Mid 80's, I have seen SD33's in boats, should not be too hard to source a 12v Solenoid for it. I will find out though.

Only stater parts hes got are for his 2 running SD33's no spares laying around right now, we just went through the loading dock, though about 90% of the horde, NADA on SD33 starters or solenoids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom