Paintless dent removal: Hood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I just finished a mild build and restore on my 95 cruiser and last weekend some bozo dropped a large, possibly head bolt, out the back of his truck on the freeway and it kicked up and put a golf ball size dent in my hood and slapped the windshield.

The paint on my rig is all original and it would be a shame to have to repaint. Just wondering if anyone has experience with paint less dent removal on these? I can live with the paint chip, just not the dent. The dent is not on an accessible location of the hood, but maybe they can drill a small hole through the support.

Have not done it in hood, but plenty of experience with dentless, yes they can drill interior panel to get access. Just find the right person to do it...lots of clowns who don't really care in this biz. Your local toy dealer might know a guy...

PDR works perfectly for the right type of dent. Stop by reputable PDR shop and they’ll quickly tell you if it’s the right solution.

I’ve been wanting to try this tool for a while now...

I’d try this. You can find the tool on amazon for under 50 bucks I think.

Hi, If the dent is not creased, it should pull out. Go slow..., you don't won't to raise higher than the rest of he hood. Work creases out with a rubber body hammer. Mike

Where are you located

You will have a much better result if you take it to a PDR shop before you FU** it up trying it yourself. Just saying

Sacramento CA
No plans to try this on my own. Will post some pics, its in a pretty bad spot.

Sacramento CA
No plans to try this on my own. Will post some pics, its in a pretty bad spot.
Any news on your dent removal? Did you end up using a PDR shop?

I had a rock slider failure on the Rubicon I'm not too worried about the crease but the dimple and the fender looks pretty easy to pop out but I don't want to try it myself cuz I know all screwed up.

Looks like the slider push the plastic brush guard. Gosh it almost looks like I could just put my soft part of my fist inside on the other side of the fender in the cab and pop it out.

Screenshot_20210807-212815.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom