Help! 71 Toyota Stout - Full Stout Wheels 6 on 170PCD 130mm centre bore (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All, Rhys here, nice to meet everyone.

I stumbled across this forum while looking for info on a 71 Toyota stout. Im An Australian living in the north of Japan and have recently brought the full stout pictured below. Im having a massive amount of trouble getting clear information or any help up here as they are non existent vehicles. My Stout has leaf springs on all 4 corners. And appears to be the full stout? It currently has the original wheels and I would really like to remove them and replace with more modern ones as the (tube type) tires are mega expensive. The issue I am having is that the stout I have has large wheel hubs (130mm) similar to that of a light truck. The original wheels seem to have a rare PCD. 6 on 170 or PCD 170 with a 130mm hub. Im wondering if anyone could help me out with any information on what Stout owners with the same large wheel hubs do either find wheels that will fit the truck. Or is there the option to change the rear and front axles/ hubs to something off another Toyota that would fit and accommodate the more common 139.7 PDC.

Im no pro but ive got people who are working on the truck right at the moment- they wont move until I feed them information on what to do. Unfortunately Japanese mechanics arnt as open minded as someand wont suggest options to solve problems. Im desperate as without sorting this problem the truck is un drivable as they tires are buggered! Any assistance or info you could provide would be an incredible help - hell I'de even fly home and buy you a beer!

IMG_4810.JPG

First, welcome to our slice of MUD. Those trucks are just as rare in the US as they are in JP. That said, I thought we had a few Stout owners on the board. Try searching this forum with "Stout" and see if you can find them and send them a private message.

Thanks for the pic. Those trucks are just sexy-gorgeous in their own way, and that specimen looks to be exceptional.

I have no idea where to look for wheels with that bolt pattern.

Well, well, well. Lookie what I found: 6x170 Steel Wheel, 6x170 Steel Wheel Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com. Unfortunately, you need to order 200 of them. Drat. Bottom line ... somebody is making them. You just need to find somebody to import and sell them to you.

There are mechanics in JP who can think outside the box, look for where the drift cars etc go....
They would also be the ones who really appreciate what you are driving.

Could also have some wheel spacers machined (knocked up) for not too many yen?

First, welcome to our slice of MUD. Those trucks are just as rare in the US as they are in JP. That said, I thought we had a few Stout owners on the board. Try searching this forum with "Stout" and see if you can find them and send them a private message.

Thanks for the pic. Those trucks are just sexy-gorgeous in their own way, and that specimen looks to be exceptional.

I have no idea where to look for wheels with that bolt pattern.

Well, well, well. Lookie what I found: 6x170 Steel Wheel, 6x170 Steel Wheel Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com. Unfortunately, you need to order 200 of them. Drat. Bottom line ... somebody is making them. You just need to find somebody to import and sell them to you.
Thanks for the for the responses! I think I finally found an option to at least get the truck on the road in the form of light truck wheels from a Nissan Atlas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom