sorting temp sensors! but whats this plug for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
guys ive rigged up an aftermarket guage and ran it off the wire in the pic (with the blue spade connector on it). i tried just joining it in conjunction with the original guage but the aftermarket one just jumped back and forth real bad. a new wire back through the dash worked well.

the sensor with the heatshrink connector end went back through the loom.

i noticed another temp sender pointing forward of the engine also on the same housing that had no wire joined to it. I cant find any other wires with a spade connector or any unused at all, except one with a 2 pin connector. it has a brown and a black wire on it.
can anyone tell me what the front sensor is for and what this loose plug is for?

thanks guys!

20180526_142500_Film3.jpg

These vehicles can also differ by year and market, so you should include all relevant details or put them into your signature.

Its hard to tell but it could be from the air cleaner vacuum sensor is the air cleaner near it.

Not certain from your picture. But the temp sensor on the front of housing is for the A/C
Ar cleaner vac sensor is on the other side on the LJ78.
There is also an EGR wire in that same loom. If your EGR system is off the truck , it could be from that.

Try to post up a couple of better pictures of the sensor in question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom